And do you know what is called a natural electric discharge?
Have you ever heard such a definition as a natural electrical discharge? Probably not all. And all because of the fact that we know this definition under a more concise term - lightning.
What is lightning?
Let's start, perhaps, with what is lightning. This is the discharge of the electrostatic charge that occurs in the cumulus cloud zone. At the same time, we observe a flash called lightning, and we hear a loud, sharp sound - thunder.
So, now we know what is called the naturalelectric discharge. Naturally, lightning has a large electric charge, and its temperature reaches almost 300 000 degrees. A lightning bolt is deadly to a person, so you should know how to protect yourself from it. In addition, it also causes fires and fires, especially if lightning hits a tree.
B. Franklin was the first to describe what lightning is like. It was he who conducted the famous experiment with a kite, which he launched into the sky during a thunderstorm. In 1750 he published his research.
Today it is reliably known that lightning -a phenomenon that is inherent not only to our planet, but also to a number of others. Thus, scientists have recorded lightning on Jupiter, Venus, Saturn and other planets of the solar system.
Having learned how the natural electric discharge is called, we can not help but recall another unique phenomenon.
One of the most interesting varieties of lightning- ball. Until now, there is no common opinion about how the ball lightning arises. At one time it was even claimed that in reality it was a hallucination. To date, there are more than 400 theories that explain this phenomenon, but none of them has yet been proven.
Eyewitnesses describe it like this: "A glowing fireball that flies along an unpredictable trajectory." This is what a ball lightning looks like. The gas discharge, according to scientists, is one of its components. It is with his help that many scientists are trying to recreate the ball lightning, but so far all has been inconclusive. All the spherical bodies created with it, break up in a couple of seconds.
Thus, the nature of ball lightning has not been fully studied to the end, although there have been many attempts to prove its existence experimentally or to create it under experimental conditions.
How to protect yourself from lightning?
As already mentioned, lightning is especially dangerous for humans and animals. You should not only remember this, but also know the basic rules that can save your life and protect you from injuries.
- During a thunderstorm, do not stand under a tree that is in the middle of an open space. High single objects attract lightning.
- Do not also touch the metal. It also attracts lightning.
- Do not stay near water, swim. When lightning strikes the water, everything within a radius of more than 100 meters perishes.
- Ironically, fire also attracts lightning. Therefore, it is not recommended that you sit near a fire during a thunderstorm.
- Many experts advise not to use mobile during a thunderstorm. In their opinion, they also attract natural electrical discharges.
Well, we learned how the natural electric discharge is called, what kinds of varieties exist and how to protect yourself from lightning. Let's look at how to provide first aid to the victim.
How to help the victim during a thunderstorm
If a person is struck by lightning before your very eyes, you should immediately give him the first medical help, otherwise it is fraught with not only serious consequences, but also the death of the victim.
Here is a small instruction:
- Most importantly - immediately call an ambulance.
- With a slight lightning strike, when the victim remains conscious, he should loosen the collar of his shirt, unfasten the strap, that is, make sure that the circulation of blood does not interfere.
- Then sprinkle it on the back of the head and chest with cold water and give the drug "Corvalol". 30 drops will be enough.
- Burns and any other damage to the skin should be treated and bandaged.
- Do not allow a person to get up and move.
- If the victim is unconscious, resuscitative measures should be performed: artificial respiration and indirect heart massage.
We hope this article was useful for you, because withwith its help you not only learned about the name of the natural electric discharge, but also about the danger it has in itself and how to protect itself from its impact.