Diabetes mellitus - home treatment, types, symptoms
Diabetes mellitus is an endocrine disease of a serious nature with a pronounced insulin deficiency. The disease is considered incurable, and treatment with folk remedies at home only alleviates the symptoms.
The causes of the disease are many. A viral disease, genetic predisposition, medication or a difficult pregnancy can cause an attack.
Types of diabetes
The disease, like bronchitis or cough, has noticeable symptoms and signs. Depending on them, there are 5 types of diabetes.
- . The immune system attacks the pancreas, which does not release insulin in the right amount, responsible for the exchange of glucose. Traditionally, diabetes of the first type brings inconvenience to young people. Among cases of diabetes, the first type accounts for a tenth.
- . Human organs and tissues lose insulin sensitivity.It is noteworthy that the pancreas produces this substance in a normal amount. The second type of illness suffers from 90% of diabetics.
- Gestational diabetes. Appears exclusively in women during gestation. This type of diabetes differs from other types in that it often disappears after the appearance of a child. Only 5 percent of expectant mothers face it.
- Secondary diabetes. A state of health when various disorders lead to an increase in the level of glucose. This species is considered to be a consequence of hormonal failure, medication, chronic pancreatitis, or pancreas removal.
- Prediabetes. Appears when there are no health problems. For a prolonged period, the patient has sugar at the level of the maximum rate of the norm. It is caused by heredity, incorrect lifestyle, malnutrition and obesity.
Diabetes of the first two types can not be completely cured. However, with the help of diets, treatments and moderate loads with this diagnosis, people live a long and normal life.
Symptoms of diabetes
Symptoms of the disease often do not appear immediately.As a result, the disease lurks for a long time without giving out its presence.
In medicine, there are cases when diabetes becomes a surprise for a person. The patient turns to the doctor for advice on a particular disease, and after passing the tests he learns about diabetes.
People often suffer from two types of diabetes, each with their own symptoms. There are several common symptoms.
- Thirst. One of the main heralds of diabetes, regardless of type. However, other diseases cause thirst, so doctors are not guided by this symptom when making a diagnosis.
- Frequent urination. The symptom is characteristic of both types of the disease. Often, frequent urination signals a disturbance in the urethra.
- Fatigue. Drowsiness along with chronic fatigue - the symptoms that accompany all sorts of diseases, in the list of which diabetes is present.
- Low temperature. Most often in people who suffer from the disease, the body temperature is lowered - below 36 degrees.
- Rapid weight loss with increased appetite. People who constantly want to eat, and the weight is reduced for no reason, it is recommended to be on the alert and get tested.
- Low tissue regeneration. With diabetes mellitus, even slight damage to the skin heals for a long time. Often, there are ulcers and weeping wounds.
- Blurred vision. Some diabetics complain that a white “veil” appears before their eyes, and the image becomes fuzzy. But vision may deteriorate with age.
- Poor circulation in the limbs. It is manifested by tingling and numbness. Often in the calf muscles appear cramps.
- Impairment of potency. Diabetic men often have problems with erection. In women, the disease causes dryness of the genitals.
Remember, the level of symptoms depends on the characteristics of the organism. In one person, the listed symptoms are pronounced, while in another they are absent. The stage of the disease also influences the degree of expression of the trait. With strong violations of insulin secretion, the symptoms are more pronounced.
Diabetes treatment of folk remedies
Diabetes overtakes a person when the pancreas does not cope with responsibilities and releases insulin in insignificant amounts. This substance helps the body break down sugars.As a result, there is an excessive excretion of sugar in the urine. And although doctors are constantly analyzing the progress of the disease, so far effective methods of treatment have not been created.
To treat diabetes at home is allowed by folk remedies under the mandatory control of an endocrinologist. The main factor of therapy, affecting the course of the disease, is dieting.
Carbohydrates are excluded from the diet. If this is not possible, their consumption is reduced. Instead of regular sugar, it is recommended to use xylitol, sorbitol, or products containing starch.
The list of folk remedies used in the treatment of diabetes is represented by natural fruits, vegetables, medicinal plants, and berries. Often, the individual components are used together, which increases the health effect.
- Clover Infusion. Combine a piece of clover grass with the same amount of boiling water and wait three hours. Drink the drug before a meal of 0.33 cup. Add flowers to enhance the effect.
- Blueberry leaves. Pour a spoonful of dried leaves with a cup of boiling water, wrap and wait 30 minutes for the liquid to flow.Thoroughly filtering the infusion, drink a cup three times a day.
- Nut leaves. Two dozen green leaves of walnut chop, put in a pan, pour a glass of liquid, boil and boil for 10 minutes. Take the tool without any restrictions during the day.
- Grass collection. Twenty grams of blueberry leaves, birch buds, pansies and nettle mix, add five grams of Hypericum with ten grams of dandelion root, mix and chop. Four spoons of the mixture pour a cup of boiling water from the kettle, wait a little, filter and take three times a day for 0.33 cups.
- Burdock roots. Eat with cheese, boiled or fried. Some people use burdock roots instead of potatoes and add them to soups and chops.
- Blueberry decoction. A spoonful of leaves, along with the shoots, boil a little over minimal heat, then cool slightly and strain. It is accepted to be treated by this means on one spoon three times a day.
Since the disease is serious, start therapy immediately. Recipes, which I shared, will help.
What can you eat with diabetes
Continuing the topic of conversation, we will discuss what is allowed in case of diabetes. According to doctors, in the treatment of the disease, nutrition plays a significant role, since the process of glucose utilization, which enters the body with food, is disturbed.
A high level of a substance in the blood contributes to the development of complications and exerts a pathological effect on the body. At the same time, in diabetes, proper nutrition has a therapeutic effect.
Medical nutrition is focused on the normalization of carbohydrate metabolism. This reduces the load on the pancreas. It is recommended to eat food frequently and regularly, evenly distributing or restricting the intake of carbohydrates. The diet should include protein foods with fat-free foods. A list of preferred methods for processing foods is represented by steaming, stewing and baking.
I will introduce you to foods that are recommended for diabetes. It is allowed to consume many products, you only need to track the caloric and saturation of carbohydrates.
List of approved products for diabetes
- Fish and meat. Only low-fat species.Doctors advise taking veal, chicken, rabbit, cod, zander and pike for cooking. It is allowed to eat seafood and canned fish in small quantities.
- Dairy. Prefer skimmed milk and kefir. Chicken eggs are allowed. On the day, eat two things.
- Flour products from rye flour with bran. You can eat pasta in small quantities. Fiber-rich pasta is best.
- Barley, buckwheat, oatmeal and millet groats. From cereals make porridge or flavored soup. It is better to refuse rice and decoys, as they increase blood sugar.
- Fiber-rich vegetables. Broccoli, beans, zucchini, cabbage, eggplant and radishes. Do not abuse red beets and potatoes. Steam or roast vegetables.
- Berries and fruits. Include sour apples, pears, currants, and citrus fruits in your diet. Avoid watermelons, melons, raisins, bananas, grapes and figs from the diet.
- Pastry dietary character. The composition should include sugar substitutes. Allowed to use diet halva and honey.
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds. These dried foods are rich in fiber, vitamins, trace elements and useful acids. Nuts are allowed, but the daily rate of peanuts or walnuts should not exceed 50 grams.
- Beverages. Broths, teas, compotes, jelly and juices are considered extremely useful. Allowed non-carbonated mineral water and alcohol, in which sugar is not more than 5 percent. Coffee is better not to drink.
In addition, I will list several foods and spices that reduce sugar. These are parsley, tomatoes, onions and zucchini, cucumbers, black currants and gooseberries, turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
How to prevent diabetes?
Every person with diabetes knows that only a lot of effort ensures a normal lifestyle. Otherwise, the disease dictates the rules. Prevention helps prevent disease progression and minimize the likelihood of complications.
The development of the first type of disease is impossible to prevent. There are activities focused on the second type.
Proper nutrition. This is the foundation of well-being. Remember, overweight with obesity accelerates the arrival of the disease, so be sure to eat right.
Water balance. The human body for seventy percent consists of water, which contributes to the digestion of food and the removal of debris. In diabetes, fluid is involved in many processes.
Sports activities. People with diabetes are overweight. If you pay attention to the sport, you can stop the development of the disease. Physical activity is an essential element of prevention.
Video tips for lowering blood sugar
An equally important role in life is played by emotional mood and mental state. Nerves contribute to the emergence of diseases, therefore, for preventive purposes, participate in trainings, consult your doctors and deal with depression.
Drugs should not be taken without a doctor's prescription, otherwise the situation will worsen.
In the article we looked at the types of diabetes mellitus, identified the symptoms of the disease, looked at home treatment, and figured out what to do with it and how to act for prevention. Use this knowledge at your discretion, but do not forget about consulting a doctor.