Disturbs the spleen: symptoms of the disease.
The function of the spleen is to regulateprocess of hematopoiesis. This important organ is a kind of filter for pathogenic bacteria. In addition, he is responsible for blood coagulability, maintenance of normal amounts of red blood cells, platelets and leukocytes and controls metabolic processes in the body.
When there are irregularities in the functioning of the body, a person begins to worry about pain in the stomach, pancreas and liver.
What to do if you are bothered by a spleen? Symptoms of the disease manifest themselves differently depending on the type of disease. But due to the fact that the activity of this organ falls on the morning hours, the patient often worries about daytime drowsiness, lack of control over himself, weakness in the legs, memory loss, apathy and poor appetite. Here are the first signs that you should pay attention to to determine whether your spleen is sore.
Symptoms of diseases.
- A spleen infarction. This ailment arises as a result of embolism of the vessels or thrombosis of the spleen. Also, the disease can occur with typhoid fever, bacterial endocarditis and portal hypertension.
With a spleen infarction, the followingsigns: sharp and intense pain in the region of the left hypochondrium, fever, vomiting, tachycardia, intestinal paresis. It should be said that small infarcts are usually accompanied by mild clinical manifestations, and sometimes even asymptomatic. Quite often self-healing can occur, as a result of which the infarction zone will heal itself. In rare cases, a lesion of the affected area can occur, leading to an abscess of the spleen or the formation of a cyst.
- Abscess. This disease of the spleen occurs against the background of sepsis, cysts, suppuration of the infarction zone, hematoma.
With an abscess, dull pains appear in the arealeft hypochondrium, which are intensified when making movements, high fever, tachycardia. If the disease is of a multiple nature, a painful enlarged spleen is easily detected by touch. Symptoms of fluctuations (the presence of fluid or pus inside the organ) are observed when the abscess is located in the lower part of the organ.
- Cysts of the spleen. They are of two kinds: nonparasitic and parasitic. The first type of disease mainly occurs without any visible symptoms. If the cysts have reached a large size, patients can experience dull pain in the left hypochondrium of a permanent nature, which they give to the left shoulder. There is also a slight increase in the area of the left hypochondrium, asymmetry of the abdomen. The painless smooth smooth spleen usually comes to the touch.
Symptoms of the parasitic cyst are similar to those of nonparasitic cysts, but with this disease, allergies, itching, or urticaria can be observed.
- Tumor. Depending on the degree of development of the disease there is pain in the left hypochondrium, giving to the left shoulder. If the tumor is malignant (lymphosarcoma, fibrosarcoma, etc.), then after reaching a large size, it can cause symptoms of intoxication (skin pallor, temperature, vomiting, loss of appetite, apathy) and ascites. In the early stages of the disease does not show any signs, so it is very difficult to detect this disease.
If you are worried about the spleen, treatment should be done under the supervision of a doctor.
When an abscess is usually produced by drainage,controlling the process by ultrasonic examination. In cysts, surgery is indicated, and in malignant tumors, surgical intervention is performed exclusively in the early stages of the disease. Benign neoplasms are easily cured with splenectomy.
However, it is possible to use folk methods of treating the spleen.
- A glass of boiling water brew a tablespoon of chicory. Cook the remedy for 10 minutes and leave it for 30 minutes to infuse. Drink infusion of 3 gulps 3 times a day.
- A tablespoon of chopped hop cones should be filled with a glass of boiling water and put on for 2 hours. Strain the remedy and take 2 spoons 3 times a day.