First week of pregnancy: signs and sensations, pain, discharge and changes in the body
The transition to a new state of the whole organism is characterized by the first week of pregnancy. Signs and feelings may not manifest themselves at all during this period, but they can also make themselves felt to the fullest. Since the body of each woman has individual characteristics, then it can react differently to pregnancy.
What is the first week of pregnancy?
At first glance, everything looks simple enough. But, in fact, from a medical point of view, the first week can be interpreted in completely different ways:
- the obstetric week takes its cue from the first day of menstrual bleeding of the cycle during which the conception occurred (it is from this period that the time is counted before the onset of labor);
- if you count the first week directly from the moment of conception, then it will be a third obstetric seven-day period;
- in the case when a woman considers the beginning of the first week the detection of a delay, she must take into account that, from a medical point of view, she will be the fifth.
Symptoms and sensations in the first week of pregnancy
Symptoms of conception, although they are well-known, far from all manifest the same. Not many women immediately find out that the first week of pregnancy has come. Signs and feelings most often do not manifest themselves, and so the future mother can remain unaware. This is due to the fact that the processes of restructuring and preparation for the bearing of the fetus are just beginning in the body, and they do not yet make themselves felt. But this is true in the case of the first obstetric week.
The time will be completely different if the first week of pregnancy is counted from the moment of delay or conception. The signs and sensations in this case can be as follows:
- delay in the onset of menstrual bleeding;
- a feeling of weakness and constant drowsiness;
- nausea (especially in the morning) and intolerance to certain foods;
- acute reaction to pronounced odors;
- changing eating habits;
- feeling of heaviness and soreness in the lower abdomen;
- increase in breast size and pain in them;
- change in the structure and frequency of selections.
Causes of symptoms
One of the most difficult and responsible is the first week of pregnancy. Signs and sensations are a manifestation of complex processes occurring in the body. It is during this period that the fertilized cage should be fixed on the walls of the uterus, and this is not so simple. Many will be surprised, but initially the organism perceives it as a foreign body. If the future mother also has strong immunity, then it will be many times harder to settle down.
Nevertheless, the female body is programmed for pregnancy and bearing a child, and therefore begins internal resistance and struggle. There is a complete reorganization of all systems, which is expressed in poor health. In some cases, there is even a significant increase in body temperature.
What women say
If you are interested in the well-being of expectant mothers, then at special forums you can find exhaustive reviews. The first week of pregnancy, the signs and sensations of which are described above, can manifest itself in completely different ways, depending on the individual characteristics of the organism:
- the condition of the mammary glands is very similar to that which occurs before menstruation;
- swelling of the lower abdomen;
- the gag reflex can cause such habitual tastes as, for example, toothpaste;
- pulling sensations in the ovaries;
- i always want to sleep;
- unexpected sharp jumps in blood pressure;
- some women note a complete absence of symptoms, and their condition and state of health is no different from the usual.
Quite complex and responsible are the first weeks of pregnancy. Signs and feelings of the birth of a new life can cause serious discomfort. Nevertheless, during this period the woman should be especially attentive to herself and strictly follow the following recommendations:
- complete rejection of bad habits, as well as avoidance of passive smoking (bypassing the place where there is a smell of tobacco smoke or ask others not to smoke nearby);
- revise your first aid kit for those medications that are contraindicated to pregnant women, and if you are undergoing treatment, then discuss this with your gynecologist;
- take vitamin complexes that will support your vitality, and also contribute to the normal development of the fetus (drugs must contain folic acid);
- avoid stressful situations, and also keep under control your emotions (all negativity not only spoils your mood, but can also affect the state of the future baby);
- minimize consumption of coffee and strong tea (it is better to replace them with juices or clear water).
These tips will ease your well-being throughout the entire period of gestation, and not just in the first weeks of pregnancy. Signs and feelings of malaise will be much less pronounced if you closely monitor your health, lifestyle, diet and psychological state. In addition, a caring attitude on the part of relatives is very important.
1 week of pregnancy: pain and discharge, sensations
It is worth noting that pregnancy in women simultaneously causes an irresistible desire, as well as a completely natural fear of a new condition. Nevertheless, the desire to become a mother overcame all fears. Particularly responsible is 1 week of pregnancy. Feelings and the first symptoms though not very pleasant, but they do not need to be frightened.
Sometimes there may be pain in the abdomen, which resembles the menstrual character. Most often it poses no danger. The reason may be that you subconsciously expect the onset of menstruation, and the body begins to play along to you. But it will be better to contact a specialist to dispel all doubts about this and to undergo an additional examination.
In some cases, at the beginning of pregnancy, there may be spotting that can be confused with menstruation. Often they are rather meager and quickly stop. Nevertheless, if you are sure of the onset of pregnancy or at least consider such a possibility, do not leave the allocation without attention and immediately go to the doctor for an examination.
How to determine pregnancy
Perhaps, every woman knows what the first signs of pregnancy. Prior to the delay, they usually do not pay much attention. Or they can not show themselves at all. Nevertheless, if you are tormented by suspicions and suspicions, it is better to turn to proven methods of determining pregnancy:
- The test is an affordable and easy way, but not accurate enough. His results can be more or less trusted only if the conception occurred about three weeks ago.
- An analysis for human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is carried out by donating blood. This substance begins to be secreted by the envelope of the embryo immediately after it enters the uterus. At the moment this is one of the most accurate ways to determine pregnancy.
- Ultrasound can detect not only the fact of pregnancy, but also identify or rule out a number of serious problems. That is why such a study can be considered mandatory for expectant mothers.
How to behave when you learn about pregnancy
Completely rebuild your lifestyle should be already in the first days of pregnancy. Sensations and symptoms do not always have an active effect, however, you need to clearly understand the need for the following actions:
- to take as a rule a regular visit to the doctor according to the schedule, and also at the slightest uncomfortable sensations;
- revise your diet in favor of healthy and nutritious foods;
- create a calm and supportive environment, and also distinguish yourself from stress and negative emotions;
- to combine rest with moderate physical exertion (for example, walking or special gymnastics);
- postpone all long trips so as not to be shaken;
- keep the house clean.
How to prevent unpleasant symptoms
The state of health of both parents largely determines the state of health, which will be characterized by 1 week of pregnancy. The first signs, feelings will be much more pronounced in those women who have health problems and are physically weak. That is why a comprehensive examination and treatment should be done long before conception of the child. It will also be nice to do your physical condition. It is better to choose for yourself such kind of physical activities that you could continue and during the bearing of the child (swimming, yoga and so on).
What should the future father do?
Despite the fact that the entire burden of pregnancy lies precisely on the woman, the man also has to thoroughly prepare for this period. Naturally, you need to improve your health in advance, throw bad habits and so on. But it is equally important to surround the future mother with care, warmth and understanding, because in such an atmosphere even the most powerful and unpleasant symptoms will be transferred much easier.
Perhaps all future parents are interested in what their child looks like in the first week of pregnancy. Nevertheless, during this period it can not yet be called a fruit. It's just a fertilized egg that moves to gain a foothold on the walls of the uterus. Gradually it begins to increase in size and divide into parts that in the future will become limbs and internal organs of the embryo. Often, in this first week, a woman does not experience the slightest discomfort, which could serve as a sign of pregnancy.
Each woman can understand in her own way what is 1 week of pregnancy. Feelings, the development of the fetus depends on exactly when you are counting the onset of this condition. But since it is customary in medicine to take into account the first obstetric week, it is important to know its main features:
- the embryonic period does not come immediately, but only from the third seven-day period;
- begins hormonal changes in the body;
- in almost all cases there are no signs of pregnancy;
- no tests or tests (except for ultrasound) will not give accurate results.
The first week of pregnancy is practically asymptomatic. Sensations after conception differ little from the normal state of women. Nevertheless, in a short time, all the symptoms that accompany the "interesting situation" can fully manifest themselves. It is worth noting that at the beginning of pregnancy, women almost always feel weak and drowsy, and also suffer from sharp changes in blood pressure. Whether it is necessary to speak about frequent dizzinesses, intolerance of smells and a morning toxicosis. Still very unusual gastronomic predilections may appear, which may seem strange.
Since it is impossible to avoid unpleasant sensations, you need to organize your life activities so that they are minimized. Protect yourself from the stresses, walk more, eat tasty and healthy, and make healthy and complete rest your priority. In addition, the future father should also be involved in this process, providing the pregnant woman with care and support. So even the most unpleasant sensations will remain almost unnoticed.