House for cats. Types and recommendations for your choice
Many owners of furry pets think aboutHow to choose a house for cats. Moreover, on the shelves of pet stores, the choice is simply huge, and it is doubly difficult to decide. In this article we will talk about what kind of houses for cats, the price of which can be completely different, how to choose correctly and whether it is possible to make them independently from improvised means.
Varieties of houses
The model range of cat lodges is very large. Below we give them a small classification:
- The usual house. In appearance, this design resembles a box. That is, the structure is quite simple, takes up little space and is intended only for resting the animal.
- A complex of several shelves, a basket for sleeping and a pillar for scratching. In such a house, a cat can play and chase claws and relax.
- A more complicated house for cats is astructure up to the ceiling level. Here are located and play areas, and recreation areas, and several poles for sharpening claws. Ideal for owners of several cats.
As you managed to notice, the house for cats is presented in a wide range. However, it should be acquired wisely.
Recommendations for choosing a house
So, what factors do you need to pay attention to when buying a home for your four-footed pet?
- Where your cat sleeps:
- Constantly on the pillow, bedspread, bed.This animal is unlikely to fit complex designs, and you will find it difficult to accustom them. There is a risk that even buying a regular house will be superfluous, in case the cat has already got used to sleep in a particular place.
- If he sleeps in a secluded place, away from the eyes, loves corners, then safely acquire a house for cats. This purchase will be to her liking.
2. What height does the cat choose for sleep and for location:
- If the chairs, tables and cabinets are a favoriteplace of your pet, then the first type of houses, which we considered earlier, will by no means fit for his requests. It is necessary to choose a structure that is similar in height to the places where the cat usually rests.
- But in a situation where a four-fingered friend likes to sleep on a carpet, on the floor, the usual house will have to his liking.
Regardless of the preference of a cat to buyonly high-quality facilities. If the material from which the house is made exudes an unpleasant smell, then no animal will stay there for long.
In practice, we can say that cats prefer a multi-tiered structure: there is where to go for a walk and play. Even if you do not sleep, then they will definitely play there.
How to make a house for a cat with your own hands
It is quite easy to make a house yourself.For example, you can use improvised tools. A cottage made of foam rubber for a cat will be a great place to relax. It can be used as a basis. To do this, give foam rubber the shape of a booth, sew a cover from any material (fleece, pile fabric, etc.), put another layer or cushion inside to make it easier for the pet to sleep. Done! But you need to remember about what was said earlier: about the preferences of the cat, otherwise your works will not be noticed.