How to build a freezer: how to do it
The presence of a refrigerator in the kitchen is a must for the day. But this is not an excuse to exhibit it on display and make this big spot public.
It is much better to buy a built-in refrigerator withfreezer and hide it in one of the drawers of the kitchen cupboard. The only time can spoil the whole event. The refrigerator along with the camera occupies a large volume of kitchen space. In this case, one can act wisely, and these two freezing aggregates are spread over different places of space. Thus, we will get an integrated freezer and built-in refrigerator.
In order to build a freezer in the kitchen cabinet, it is necessary to perform certain work. In general they are the following:
- To ensure that the technology is ideally included in theAllocated space, it is necessary when buying a product to focus on the dimensions of the kitchen niche and the dimensions of the built-in freezers. In addition, they are guided by the performance characteristics of the models and their configuration.
- Make a box under the freezer. The dimensions of the box are increased by the amount required for normal ventilation. The dimensions of the ventilation threshold are specified in the product manual.
- The model is installed in a niche and the legs are adjusted. The rear legs should be a few degrees higher than those in the front.
- The doors are installed using the pantograph system. There is no provision for attaching doors to kitchen furniture, they are installed on the door of the refrigerator.
Choice of freezer
When buying household appliances, you needprovide technical characteristics, dimensions and configuration of the product. The right choice makes it easy to integrate the freezer into the kitchen furniture.
The main criteria that guide when choosing a freezer:
- overall dimensions;
- type of attachment.
The freezing chambers are divided into semi- and fullybuilt-in. The difference between them is small, but it does exist. It is believed that a half-built freezer under the countertop can be mounted or remain a stand-alone technique. The front wall of the model is not covered by the kitchen façade.
Completely built-in appliances are mounted undercountertop. Depending on the place of installation of the freezer, the location of the ventilation openings is provided. For models that will be placed under the countertop, the ventilation grille is made at the bottom of the technique. Freezers, built into the columns, have ventilation holes in the upper part.
Freezing chambers are divided into two groups according to the method of opening the door. The vertical version is the most familiar and familiar, the door opens like an ordinary kitchen cabinet.
To build a horizontal freezer is possible only if there is free space above the freezer, because its door opens like a chest - up.
In the freezer there is one compressor.The built-in freezer of vertical design can be equipped with two compressors - in this case the energy consumption of the equipment is increased. But it wears less and will work for a longer period.
Dimensions of built-in freezers
Dimensions of the built-in household appliance on the marketThe appliances correspond to the standard sizes of kitchen furniture. When making a kitchen under an order, this must be taken into account, so that the built-in technology can easily fit into the niche intended for it.
It is clear that the dimensions of built-in refrigerationcameras taking into account the installation clearances should be smaller than the dimensions of the niche in the kitchen cupboard. Standard cupboards comfortably place a deep-freezer 60 cm deep. For non-standard kitchen furniture, an in-built freezer and a depth of 80 cm are produced. The height of the freezing cabinets can be from 60 cm to 210 cm. The number of shelves depends on the height.
Freezing chests are made by a height of 85 cm, a depth of 60 cm, and due to the width it is possible to purchase a larger freezer.
Before you build a freezer, you need to familiarize yourself with its technical characteristics.
Criteria for freezing
The power of freezing or the number of products,which is able to freeze the model during the day, can be from 7 to 25 kg. Of course, this figure significantly affects the cost of the product. But 25 kg of products at once the average family in practice does not freeze, it is enough from 8 to 11 kg.
The quality of preservation of products in frozen form is determined by the number of asterisks on the door:
- one asterisk informs about -60C and the possibility of preserving the products for up to a week;
- two stars correspond to -120C, which allows you to store products for a period of one month;
- three stars are temperature -180C, which involves storage of up to three months;
- four stars indicate a temperature lower than -180C, which allows you to store products for a year.
No less important quality, which must be taken into account, before you build in the freezer. Modern models are designed for two technologies:
- Manual defrosting involves performing the defrosting process in manual mode with a frequency of once a year.
- The No Frost function does not require defrosting. But the requirements to the storage of products are tightened, only the closed state of plastic bags is allowed.
This criterion is determined by the time that products will remain frozen when electricity is cut off. This time interval can be from 12 hours to 32 hours.
Energy saving. To reduce the consumption of electricity in the choice of technology, Class A and A + are preferred. Models marked B, C and D are clearly losing in this respect.
Climatic class. Great importance for the technique, which is used for cooling the products, has an ambient temperature. The climatic class determines the temperature of the room in which the technician can work. Our locality requires a technique manufactured in class N and SN.