How to buy a ticket Railways?
Buying a train ticket is a seemingly simple matter. However, not everyone knows that there are several options to buy a ticket RZD. In this article we will focus on various ways to buy a ticket.
How to buy a ticket Railways: general rules
- When buying a ticket, you must present a passport or carry with you passport details of all passengers.
- To purchase tickets for children under 14 years old, you need a birth certificate.
- The ticket can be purchased no earlier than 45 days before the departure of the train; for trips to foreign countries - not earlier than 60 days before departure.
Ways to buy a ticket Railways
At the box office of the railway station
The most widely used way to purchase a ticket from the Russian Railways is to purchase it at the ticket office of the station. However, this method has several drawbacks: besides the fact that you need to go to the station, you also have to allocate a lot of time to wait in line. The advantages of this option include the fact that the cashier will help you pick up the train and enter all the necessary data. If you have a difficult route, it is better to first go to the help window to determine the numbers of suitable trains.
You can save time by going to the agency for a RZD ticket, but there they will charge an agent fee for the services. In addition, some agencies have a “ticket booking” service: you can order a ticket by phone or via a request on the website of the agency you like, and the ticket will be delivered to a convenient address.
Purchase ticket Railways through the terminal
You can speed up the purchase of a Russian Railways ticket using self-service terminals. You will find the addresses of terminals in your city by visiting the official.
In order to buy a ticket Railways through the terminal, you need a bank card. Using the terminal is quite simple, you need to take several consecutive steps:
- Select service option: "Buy".
- Insert a bank card and log in (enter PIN-code).
- Read and accept the "Rules of sale."
- Make a request: station of departure, station of destination, date, time period of departure of the train.
- Choose a suitable train from the list, car and place.
- Enter the personal data of the passenger.
- Pay for the ticket and wait for the printed ticket.
If difficulties arise, you can contact a specialist for help (if the terminal is at the train station).
How to buy a ticket on the Russian Railways website
Very convenient and fast way to buy a train ticket via the Internet.It is better to use the official site of the Russian Railways, but also purchase is possible through the websites of intermediaries; You will learn more about this in another article from our website: How to book a train ticket.
To purchase a ticket through you first need to register on it. After that, you need to log in and perform the following steps:
- Select a route: the station of departure and arrival, the date and time of departure of the train.
- Choose a convenient train from the list and car.
- Select the boundaries of places or a specific place on the diagram of the car and fill in the data of passengers. At the same step, it is necessary to choose an insurance company or to refuse insurance during transportation.
- Check the entered data and familiarize yourself with the sale rules (check the checkbox).
- Pay by credit card: the site will redirect you to the payment page. After payment of the order, you will automatically return to the site to complete the booking and you will be able to view or print your ticket in your account.
It is recommended to check whether the electronic registration has been completed (in your account in “My Orders”), it is not possible in all directions.When electronic registration boarding pass is not necessarily print, you can show it on the phone screen.
You can print a ticket purchased on the site in two ways:
- If you have a printer, printing is possible when viewing an order in your account;
- In the self-service terminal.