How to connect a laptop to the Internet?
Watch the video
Today any computer is an inseparable partour lives. It is both a means of entertainment, and a tool for work and learning. Of course, one of the most important elements of the computer can be called the presence in it of the Internet.
Let's look at the basic ways to connect a laptop to the Internet.
Ways to connect your laptop to the Internet
Today there are several ways to connect your device to the Internet:
- Wired Ethernet network.
- Through the telephone line.
How to connect a laptop to the Internet via USB-modem
First of all, it is worth noting that this is a fairly common technology. You can buy such a modem in the stores of mobile network providers.
This modem can be taken all the time with you, because it is a bit bigger than a flash drive. Thus, the Internet will be with you anywhere.
The modem works on 3G technology. The speed of the Internet also depends on the provider, but it is much lower than, for example, the speed of data transfer via Wi-Fi. Special drivers, installation discs and programs are not needed, the 3G-modem has everything you need.
To connect 3G Internet:
- turn on the modem in any available port of your laptop;
- Wait for the computer to search for and connect new devices;
- a window will open to perform the required actions. If the window does not open, go to the "My Computer" folder and click twice on the icon of the new device (modem);
- install auxiliary programs - this will help the installation wizard, which will start when you open the installation file of the modem;
- after installation, an icon will appear on the desktop, run the program;
- click the "Connect" button;
- you can use the Internet.
How to connect a laptop to a wired network
About this connection, you can say that it is the mostinconvenient, but the most speedy. The disadvantage is that you are tied to one place. Therefore, for such a portable device as a laptop, this is not the most relevant method. But if you do not need to go out with a laptop from home or from work, then this connection is quite suitable.
The speed of the Internet in this case will depend on the provider and the package of services that it provides to you.
To connect the Internet, we connect the cable to the laptop. The input for such a cable is indicated by the icon of three computers connected by one line. Then the situation can develop in three directions:
- you can immediately use the Internet without additional operations;
- you may need to register an IP address, DNS server and other settings for your computer;
- You might need to create a separate networkconnect VPN and put data that your provider offers (login, password and others). To do this, go to the path: "Start-Control Panel-Network and Sharing Center-Configure a new connection or network-Connect to the Internet." Next we enter all the data that the PC requests.
How to connect a laptop via Wi-Fi
This type of Internet connection is by rightis considered the most convenient, fast and comfortable. To drawbacks, you can, again, include affection for the place. But in this case you can move in a certain area (depending on the area of the router) and not be on the wire.
For this connection, you need a wi-fi router and a laptop. The connection procedure is as follows:
- When you are in the coverage area of Wi-Fi,Check that your wireless network module (in the laptop) is connected. To do this, go to the network management center and check whether it is on. You can also turn it on with the Fn + F3 key combination. The presence of this module in the laptop can not worry - all modern laptops have a built-in wireless network module. Also make sure that the Wi-Fi router is turned on.
- Next, making sure that everything is connected, we perform a search for available connections.
- In the tray (in the lower right corner) you will find the monitor icon or communication bars (as in the mobile phone). We click on the icon and see all connections available for your laptop.
- We connect to the router - we find our router in the connection list and enter the password from it.
- We press the button "Connect".
Internet connection via telephone line
This is a very old way to connect to the Internet,and its speed is very, very low, but it can also be used. To do this, the laptop must have a built-in modem. And the quality of the connection depends on your telephone company (service provider).
Another important drawback is that,that the phone is in busy mode. You will need a wire to connect to a telephone wall outlet. Everything will be connected in the same way as with a standard connection using a modem, only then it is integrated into the computer, and the connection will be made directly via the "computer-to-phone" system.
To connect you need to follow the path: Network Management Center - Configure a new connection - Set up a phone connection - Create a dial-up connection. We fill in all the necessary data and perform the connection.