How to cook squash caviar at home
There is an unimaginable number of ways to prepare zucchini and when it comes to this vegetable, an association with overseas caviar immediately appears. I will dwell more on conservation and tell you how to cook squash caviar for the winter at home.
For caviar are suitable young zucchini of small and medium sizes, without dents and black spots, the skin should be shiny and smooth. If you have large vegetables, I advise you to cut off the dense skin and remove the core with the seeds.
Squash caviar for the winter, as a store
The hostesses during the harvesting of caviar make it look like a store product to taste. I will share this recipe.
- Squash - 1.5 kg.
- Luchok - 300 g
- Carrot - 600 g
- Bulgarian pepper - 300 g
- Tomato paste - 6 tbsp. spoons.
- Sugar - 1.5 tbsp. spoons.
- Salt - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Hot pepper - 1 pod.
- First, sort out the vegetables. Pass the carrot and zucchini through a grater, chop the onion in the usual way, and cut the pepper into cubes. Fry the vegetables separately and place in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle the fried vegetables with salt and sugar, add tomato paste and a little hot pepper. The contents of the pan boil for half an hour, and then mince. A mixer with a blender is also suitable for chopping vegetables.
- Taste and add spices if necessary. It will remain to boil the eggs for about ten minutes, distribute in prepared jars, cover with lids, sterilize for a couple and roll.
- Zucchini game for the winter, as the store is ready.
I will give useful advice. If you want to cook sour caviar or worry about storage, add a spoonful of vinegar during the final cooking.
Squash caviar with mayonnaise and tomato paste
Previously, homemade squash caviar was prepared from chopped roasted vegetables without additional processing using a blender. Over time, another trend emerged, according to which housewives are trying to make a product that, by its consistency and taste, resembles a shop counterpart.
I achieve the result with tomato paste and mayonnaise, and to make squash caviar spicy, I add a little chopped garlic and pepper.The result is a delicacy that is not a sin to include even in the New Year's menu.
- Squashes - 6 kg.
- Onion - 1 kg.
- Sugar - 200 g
- Vegetable oil - 200 ml.
- Sweet pepper - 10 pcs.
- Salt - 100 g
- Tomato paste - 500 ml.
- Mayonnaise - 500 ml.
- Paprika - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Citric acid - 1 teaspoon.
- Seasoning "Mivina" - 1 pack.
- First, wash the vegetables. Zucchini, pepper and onion cut into medium cubes to fit in the meat mincer's loading container. Prepared vegetables pass through this miracle of technology.
- Put everything in a saucepan with a thickened bottom and simmer for about two hours on minimal heat.
- Add butter, sugar, any mayonnaise and fresh tomato paste to vegetables and boil eggs for about two hours.
- In the overseas caviar, add paprika, citric acid and seasoning. Ten minutes later, caviar with mayonnaise and tomato paste is ready.
- Pour into cans, roll up gently, hold upside down under a warm blanket until it cools, and move to a dark and cool storage area for the winter.
Homemade caviar from zucchini nourishing, tasty and fragrant. She has a wonderful color. With what it is, decide for yourself.Caviar is combined with various dishes, and in its pure form is good.
Delicious recipes of zucchini fritters
Recipes for zucchini fritters are an unimaginable amount, each cook makes them differently. I will consider step-by-step recipes that I use in culinary practice.
How to cook classic zucchini pancakes
- Squashes - 300 g
- Garlic - 1 tooth.
- Greens - 50 g
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Flour - 20 g
- Vegetable oil - 100 ml.
- Sour cream - 50 g
- Salt, ground pepper.
- First of all, prepare the dough without zucchini, otherwise the vegetable will darken. Pepper and mix the beaten eggs with chopped garlic and chopped greens. Peeling and removing seeds from young zucchini is not necessary.
- Add zucchini skipped through the grater into the egg mass and, after mixing, add flour. Salt dough. Do not add salt before, otherwise the dough will be liquid.
- Put the ready dough on a heated and greased pan with a spoon, form pancakes. Fry on each side.
Sweet squash fritters
I will consider an unusual recipe, but the resulting dish will surely appeal to many gourmets, especially children.Sweet zucchini fritters will be a wonderful breakfast if served with homemade yogurt.
- Flour - 200 g
- Zucchini - 500 g
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Soda, salt, vegetable oil.
- Grind the peeled zucchini in a blender, and then pass through a fine grater. Get mashed potatoes.
- In the resulting mass, beat the egg, add sugar, flour and a little salt. After mixing, add a pinch of soda into the dough and mix.
- On a preheated and lubricated refined oil pan bring the pancakes to readiness. To do this, use the spoon to put the dough in the pan and fry.
- Put the finished pancakes on a napkin so that the excess oil is gone. Serve with honey or jam.
How to make squash pancakes with pumpkin
If you want something more piquant, try to practice the following recipe. Pumpkin fritters are soft and tender, and the taste is excellent, even if they are cold.
- Zucchini - 300 g
- Pumpkin - 300 g
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Flour - 6 tbsp. spoons.
- Garlic - 2 cloves.
- Greens, refined oil, pepper and salt.
- Wash vegetables, peel and pass through a grater, and crush the garlic with a press. Add flour, egg, salt, pepper to the mass and mix.Add chopped greens and repeat the procedure.
- I advise you to bring pancakes to readiness on a pre-heated pan. Using a spoon, put the dough on the pan and fry until the crust appears.
- Eat both in a separate form and in combination with other dishes, including soup and even an ear.
I do not know if you tried these pancakes. If not, be sure to do it. Any of these delights is prepared in minutes. Fritters will make a worthy competition to croutons, omelettes and other "fast" dishes.
The benefits of squash caviar
Squash caviar is recommended for people with urolithiasis or problems with metabolism.
It is better to refuse the use of caviar to people with renal diseases. It contains a lot of potassium, with which the diseased kidneys are unable to cope with the excess.