How to determine the breed of a cat?
If you become the owner of a kitten or an adulta cat without documents, however, its color or shape of ears, the muzzle seems noble to you, and you assume that it had thoroughbred parents, then you can learn how to determine the cat breed due to certain characteristics. In addition, if the signs of your cat's nobility are clearly expressed, you can accurately name its breed. However, it must be remembered that without a pedigree, which is issued by the club, your cat will still be a mongrel animal, which entails the impossibility of her participation in exhibitions, and she can not be a producer of thoroughbred kittens.
To determine the breed cat you canneed an atlas and the characteristics of breeds of cats. If you contact online consultation, then most likely you will need a clear picture of the cat, its ears, muzzle, paws and tail.
Instructions for determining the breed of a cat
- Before you learn the breed of cat, we advisefirst to understand the term "breed". By this concept we mean a group of domestic cats, which was recognized as an international felinological organization. Proceeding from this, a thoroughbred cat will be named that cat, whose pedigree is authentic and has been confirmed by the club. If you purchased a kitten in a nursery that has been certified accordingly, then you can be calm about its origin. As a rule, in the pedigree will be listed and the breed of a kitten, and the names of three generations of ancestors, and the features of the color of the animal.
- In the case where the pedigree of the cat is absent, the cat will be considered asbred, even if it has characteristic features of a certain breed.
- Compare the exterior of the cat you can today from photographs in a special cat atlas (usually such atlases are sold in bookstores or on the Internet), for example, here:
- Breeds of cats and cats
- Atlas of rocks
Note that the features of color, as well as the nature of the cat, must also comply with all the norms that are inherent in a particular breed (Cat breeds).
We also advise you not to hurry with the definitionrocks. If you took a small kitten or picked it up on the street, then we advise you not to hurry with the definition of the breed. In this case, the matter will be that the color features of the kitten can change over time. That is, the characteristics of the breeds of cats are manifested, as a rule, only in adults. For example, white cats in their childhood have dark spots on their heads, but eventually they disappear.
The determinant of online known breeds of cats
Using such a small determinant, wewe will help you to facilitate the task, how to find out what breed the cat is. Even if the characteristics of your cat are not pronounced, you can still check which breed your cat will look like. It should be noted that such a determinant will work better already for adult animals, as well as for kittens that are older than six months. Let's list some characteristic signs of the most known breeds, from the most general and finishing more exact for certain breeds:
Expressed deformations in the structure of the paws, tail and ears are characteristic for:
- If the ears of the cat are bent forward: scottish fold, highland fold or long-haired scottish fold.
- Ears bent backward: American curl.
- If a cat does not have a tail, then it can be: American, Kurilian, Japanese Bobtail, Pixie Bob or Toy-Bob, Mainx, Cymric.
Characteristic signs of a cat's fur:
- If there is no fur at all this: Canadian, St. Petersburg or Don Sphinx, Minsk Sphinx, Ukrainian lefkova.
- If the wool is curly and short, it is Cornish Rex or Devon Rex, German Rex.
- If the wool is long, then this is Bohemian rex, Selkirk Rex, La Perm.
- If the hair is very long and straight, it's a Persian cat.
- If the wool is hard curling, then this is American woolly.
Unusual cat color:
- The so-called characteristic "Siamese" color: dark muzzle, paws and tail - this is Siamese, Balinese, Neva Masquerade, Thai (old-type Siamese), Himalayan.
- "Siamese" color with the characteristic white color of the legs: Burmese, Snow-shu or Ragdoll.
- Smooth gray or "blue" color of the coat: British Shorthair, Russian Blue, Korat, Chartreuse or Nibelung.
- "Sand" coat color: Abyssinian cat or Somali.
- "Wild" coat color, for example, stains or stripes: Bengal, Kurilian Bobtail, Siberian, Serengeti, Egyptian Mau, Savannah or Safari.
- The brown color of the cat's fur will indicate: tiffany-chantilly or havana brown.