How to feed roses?
It is not surprising that roses require special care. About the victim we will not speak, but beauty just requires patience and effort. Today we will discuss the care of roses, namely, how to feed roses at this or that stage of their life. What means will be useful in the period of growth and flowering, what are the benefits of both fertilizers and fertilizing?
Rules of top dressing of roses
- Before you feed roses, you need to know thatthere are mineral and organic fertilizers. They do not replace each other, but complement. Organic fertilizers decompose slow and help digest better mineral, which, in turn, provide the nutrition of the rose. Therefore, it is advised to water the roses with organics, for example, cow, chicken or herbal infusion after each mineral dressing.
- All fertilizers are introduced in a liquid form (about 3-4 liters per bush).
- Before you feed a rose, you need to water it, and seal the soil (that is, loosen it).
- In order for the plant to absorb food,so that the soil is sufficiently enriched with humus. The source of humus formation is peat. Refrain the soil with peat (5-7 cm) in the autumn, after spring or summer pruning.
- Top dressing can be root and foliar.
Top dressing of roses: nutrients
With the onset of spring roses intensely absorbnutrients. Pour roses with ammonium nitrate (1 tablespoon per 10 liters). You can repeat the ammonium top dressing in a couple of weeks. If there was a rainy spring that could lead to the washing out of nutrients, you can pour urea.
Calcium nitrate is necessary during budding (also, a tablespoon per 10 liters of water). It will ensure the slow dissolution of buds and their bright juicy color.
Deciding how to feed the roses in August, remember,that in the end of summer it is necessary to exclude nitrogen. As a foliar dressing, use a double superphosphate extract combined with potassium nitrate. Superphosphate (10 g) should be poured hot water for 3-4 hours, strain and dilute with ten liters of water. Then add 10 g of potassium nitrate.
In stressful periods, it is also worth feedingrose (foliar method). Transplanting, pruning, hot dry summers or sudden frosts in the spring are all that can harm a rose. Use as a spraying solution "Epin" (1 ampoule per 5 liters of water).