How to insulate a frame house for winter residence? Materials and technologies
Frame houses today enjoy a specialpopularity: they are easy and quick to assemble, do not require the arrangement of a strengthened and expensive foundation, inexpensive, and therefore accessible to all segments of the population.
Nevertheless, many do not dare to build houses onframe technology, as they consider them not warm enough, intended solely for summer residence. However, this opinion is erroneous, because if you wisely approach the insulation of the panel house, you can feel comfortable in it at any time of the year. "But how to insulate a frame house for winter residence?" - you ask. The answer to all questions related to the process of warming such buildings will be our today's article.
Options for insulation
First of all,where you will install insulation - outside the building or from the inside. To make the right decision, you should consider the features of each method of insulation.
In favor of the external location of thermal insulation say the following facts:
• In the process of facade insulation, the interior of the house does not suffer at all.
• Wooden walls accumulate inside the heat, which is in the room, and when the temperature drops, they return it to the room, allowing you to save on heating.
• It should also be noted that the insulatingthe material installed outside the house, apart from its main function, reliably protects the facade from the harmful effects of moisture, ultraviolet radiation and temperature fluctuations. As a result, the service life of the building is significantly increased.
If you are wondering how to insulate walls in a frame house from the inside, pay attention to a few shortcomings of this method:
• For interior wall insulationto dismantle all the decorative finishing of the room, which after installation of the thermal insulation will have to be restored again. This leads to an increase in the deadlines for the execution of work and to additional costs.
• With internal warming, warm andcold air are found inside the wall, which leads to accumulation of moisture in the room, as a consequence - the life of the wooden partitions is significantly reduced.
• Insulation layer located insidebuilding does not protect the facade from external factors. The wall passes many cycles of freezing and thawing, as a result of which its structure collapses.
The choice of insulation material
Asked about how to insulate the framehouse for winter residence, it should be understood that when it comes to walls made of wood-chip materials, the insulation must have the following qualities:
1. Ecological compatibility. The thermal insulator should not release into the air dangerous substances for humans (even when heated).
2. Fire safety. You should choose materials that prevent the spread of fire on the walls of the building and do not emit much smoke in case of fire.
3. Low thermal conductivity.
4. Strength. The thermal insulation material must be densely packed between the piers and retain its original shape over time.
5. Low cost. The price of insulation should not exceed the cost of the building itself.
The most approximate to the above mentioned requirements are foam polystyrene and mineral wool.
Next, consider the better to insulate the frame house, and how to do it right.
The main advantages of foam plastic include itssmall weight, which is very important when it comes to frame structures. The material perfectly tolerates abrupt temperature jumps, is not afraid of moisture and does not freeze.Longevity and low cost of polystyrene attract many homeowners, but along with the positive qualities of this insulation has disadvantages.
• rapid flammability;
• susceptibility to mechanical and chemical damage;
• poor air permeability (which causes the thermos effect in the house).
As an alternative, many people use an improved variety of foam - foam, which is resistant to various types of damage, but has a higher price tag.
Most often this insulation is installed from the outside of the house.
The most popular material used inthe quality of thermal insulation in frame houses, is considered to be mineral wool "Isover" (insulation, the price of which, compared to similar materials, is quite low). On sale it occurs in the form of rolls, mats and strong slabs.
Mineral wool is characterized by environmental friendliness, light weight, excellent heat and sound insulation performance, the ability to bend any irregularities, as well as the duration of operation.
The fire safety of the material depends entirely on its density. Products in the form of plates do not burn at all.
Choosing this insulation for frame walls,it should be borne in mind that after a while the cotton wool can cake and sag, which leads to a violation of the integrity of the thermal insulation layer. Also due consideration should be given to the waterproofing, because, when wet, the glass wool loses its original properties and becomes a favorable environment for the appearance of mold.
Warming of the facade
Let's take a closer look at how to insulate a frame house for winter residence from the outside.
For this purpose, technologyhinged facades. It involves the installation of a heater between the outer wall and the decorative lining. In this case, the thickness of the thermal insulation layer directly depends on the climatic conditions in the region of residence (20 cm or more).
This method can be used for internal insulation of walls, and as a decoration, use a lining or plasterboard.
Technology of insulation of external walls with polystyrene foam
1. The wall is cleaned of dirt and dust, all the protrusions are smoothed out. The base is completely processed with a primer, and in case of detection of cracks they are covered with special adhesive compounds.
2. Next, install vertical suspensions. Kapron twine with cargo is located at a distance of 0.5 m from each other to identify and eliminate all irregularities (if the walls of the panel house are as flat as possible, this step can be skipped).
3. With the help of special glue, the foam plates are fixed on the walls. It is very important that the material is as tight as possible to the base.
4. A finishing material is installed on top of the thermal insulation layer.
Warming of internal walls
Now let's figure out how to insulate a frame house with mineral wool.
To laying the heater should be started only after the wall has been treated with antiseptic compounds.
Installation of thermal insulation includes the following works:
1. On walls there is a vapor-permeable diffuse membrane so that its smooth side "looks" inside the room.
2. Over the membrane with the help of self-tapping screws, guide rails made of wood or metal are installed. The distance between the slats should correspond to the width of the insulation material.
3. Mounting of mineral wool can start from above as well as from below the wall. If you use a roll "Isover" (insulation, the price of which varies between 1500-2000 rubles per package), the laying should begin from the ceiling. Mineral wool in mats is mounted, starting from the floor. Fastening is carried out with the help of dowels with a wide bonnet.
4. On the insulation is a waterproofing film. For these purposes, it is necessary to choose vapor-permeable products, which will contribute to the natural ventilation of the room. The film is fixed with the help of wooden racks so that it is not strongly stretched and does not sag. Then the lining is mounted.
Now you know how to insulate a frame house forwinter residence. At the end of the topic I want to draw your attention to the fact that the thermal insulation will not make the building suitable for living in the cold season - it is designed to keep warm air inside the premises. Therefore, if you want your house to be warm and comfortable even in severe frosts, take care of its heating.