How to make a wind generator?
With the help of the wind, you can easily get an inexpensive source of electricity. This can be done with the help of a wind generator, which you can build yourself, the main thing is that you have a little perseverance and perseverance, and of course, the necessary materials and tools. It is worth noting that the wind generator works almost silently, it does not emit digging into the atmosphere and exhaust gases, as does the generator on gasoline or solid fuels. Therefore, in our article, we will try to explain to you how to make a wind generator with your own hands.
Most of the material that will be needed for construction can be easily purchased at the household goods store. You can also find some parts in the market for used parts, or from traded goods dealers.
Also when building, follow all the rules of both electrical safety and technical. The details of the wind turbine rotate rapidly, and the current produced by it is large enough to harm health.
How to make a wind generator: tools
In this article, we will consider the manufacture of a wind generator from an engine from a treadmill, with a power supply of 260 volts and 5 amperes. A hub of 15 cm is attached to the motor. If the wind speed reaches about 50 km / h, the output current will be 7 amperes. The scheme of the wind generator is quite simple: a wind generator - wires - a switch - an ammeter - a charging controller - a fuse - a battery. For manufacturing, you will need the following tools:
- Drills 5.5, 6.5, 7.5 mm.
- Electric drill.
- Adjustable wrench.
- Screwdriver on the minus.
- The vice.
- Stripping tool.
- Taps for threading 1/4 x 20.
The design of a wind generator offered to you is very simple and not long in production. Materials
- Bearing plate: pipe with a square section of 25x25, length 92 cm; masking flange on the pipe 50 mm; branch pipe 50 mm wide, 15 cm. in length; 3 self-tapping screws 19 mm. If you have a welding machine, you can weld a 50 mm long pipe length of 15 cm to a square pipe without using self-tapping screws, a branch pipe and a flange.
- Engine: directly from the treadmill with a DC system and powered by 260 volts and 5 amperes,a 15 cm threaded bushing must be attached to it; diode bridge 30-50 amps; bolts for mounting the engine 2 pieces, 8x19 mm; A piece of PVC pipe 28 cm long and 7.5 cm in diameter.
- Shank: a piece of square tin 30x30 cm; 2 screws 19mm.
- Blades: a piece of PVC pipe, 20 cm diameter, 60 cm length; 6 bolts 6x20; 9 washers 6 mm each; 3 sheets of A4 paper; Scotch.
Self-made wind generator assembly
Making blades - you should have 9 blades, and a strip of waste.
- Lay a PVC pipe with a length of 60 cm on a flat surface with a square tube section, press them tightly together and draw a line on the PVC pipe where the two pieces of the pipe are in contact with each other. This line will be called A.
- Draw marks from each of the two ends of line A, after making a margin of 1.5 cm from the edges.
- Connect three pieces of A4 paper so that they make up a long strip of paper. You will need to wrap your pipe with them, applying alternately to the marks made on it. Make sure that the short portion of the paper fits tightly against line A, and that the long side of the overlap overlaps itself. At each end of the tube, draw a line longitudinally along the edges of the paper. We will call one of these lines C, and the other B.
- Position the pipe so that the end of the pipe where mark B is located faces up. Start at the point where lines A and B intersect. Draw marks along the line B, every 14.5 cm, moving to the left side of the line A. The length of the last segment should be 11.5 cm.
- Now turn the pipe upwards with the end closer to the line C. Start at the point where the lines A and C intersect each other. Draw marks along line C, every 14.5 cm, now moving to the right side of line A.
- With the help of a square pipe it is necessary to connect the lines at the opposite ends of the PVC pipe that correspond to each other.
- It is necessary to cut the pipe along these lines. To do this, you can use jigsaw. You should have 4 strips 14.5 cm wide, and one stripe 11.5 cm wide.
- Arrange all the strips so that they lay with the inner surface down.
- Draw marks on each of the strips along the narrow side at one end, taking an indent from the left edge at 11.5 cm.
- From the other end, repeat the same thing, but taking an indent from the left edge already 3 cm.
- It is necessary to connect all marks, crossing parts of the cut pipe along the diagonal. Cut the plastic along these lines with a jigsaw.
- Blades put the inside of the pipe down.
- Draw a marking on each blade along the lines of a diagonal cut, at a distance of 75 mm from the wide edge of the blade.
- Draw another mark on the wide edge of the blade, at a distance of 25 mm from the long straight line along the edge.
- It is necessary to connect the markings with a line, and then cut the resulting corner along it. This can prevent the blades from breaking by the wind.
It is necessary to process all blades with sandpaper or sandpaper, in order to avoid the appearance of excessive noise. The front edge of the blades should be rounded, and the rear pointed. To reduce noise, all possible sharp corners must be rounded. Having made a successful wind generator, you can post a photo to the network so that other users can base on your example.
The size of the shank does not matter. You will need a piece of lightweight material with dimensions of 30x30 cm, it is desirable that it was tin. Give the shank of any shape, the main thing that he had the properties of rigidity.
- For drilling holes in the square tube, under the engine, use a 7.5 mm drill bit, and for drilling blades - a 6.5 mm drill bit.
- The holes in the sleeve are drilled with a 5.5 mm drill, and the thread is marked with a 1/4 tap.
- The sleeve template is made on a sheet of paper with a compass and protractor.
- It is necessary to note 3 holes, in equal distance from each other and at a distance of 6 cm from the center of the circle.
- Place the template on the sleeve, mark all the holes and drill them with a 5.5 mm drill.
- Apply threads to the holes with a tap.
- Screw the blades to the hub with 1/4 x 20 bolts.
- It is necessary to measure the distance between the straight lines of the edges of the tips of the blades. Adjust them so that their position is equidistant from each other.
- Mark through the blades on the hub so as not to confuse the position of the blades.
- Also drill the holes and tap.
- Screw the blades to the sleeve.
But on this instruction how to make a wind generator does not end there, it is still necessary to make protection for the wind turbine arm and place the mast. So read on.
- On a PVC pipe with a diameter of 75 mm, run along the length, two parallel lines, at a distance of 20 mm from each other, then cut the pipe along these lines.
- Cut one end of the tube at 45 degrees.
- Place the engine in the emptiness of the pipe, and fasten it with bolts.
- Bolt the motor to the square tube.
- Screw the diode to a square tube, 5 cm from the engine.
- Screw the black wire of the motor to the contact of the diode with the value + (AC).
- Connect the red wire to the contact of the diode with a minus value.
- Screw the shank.
- Screw the nipple to the flange with a gas wrench.
- Clamp the nozzle in a vice so that the flange is horizontal above the lips of the vice.
- Place the square tube with the engine on the flange, and achieve its balance.
- Screw the pipe to the flange with self-tapping screws.
The mast should be well secured, and at the same time it should be easily lowered and raised. Stretching should be placed every 5.5 meters of the height of the mast, stretching should be located at a distance of at least 50% of the height of the mast. The higher the mast, the greater the impact of the wind and the greater the power of the generated current.
I hope our article will help you to design a home-made wind generator, and thus reduce the cost of electricity. Good luck with your work!