How to make mousse?
Watch the video
Chocolate mousse is a popular dessert in many countries. It is believed that his homeland is France. However, now chocolate mousse as a dessert is served in restaurants around the world. However, the mousse is able to cook each. It is enough to make a little effort and imagination. In this article we will look at how to make chocolate mousse according to the classic recipe.
What is mousse
Mousse is a form of dessert, which is a bit like pudding, however, has certain cooking nuances. The consistency of the mousse is less thick. The ingredients can be fruits, chocolate and various syrups. You can also add liquor or other alcoholic beverages to the mousse.
Ingredients for cooking
We will need
- 170 grams of dark chocolate;
- 200 grams of plain butter;
- 3-4 eggs, previously separated from the yolk;
- 2/3 cup of sugar;
- 2 tbsp. l dark rum. You can also use liquor;
- 1 tbsp. l water. Two pinches of salt;
- extract of natural vanilla in the amount of one tsp.
- First you need to fill a large saucepan with about a third with hot water.
- Next, put a plate of thick glass in the water, put the chocolate and melt it.
- Add butter and coffee, it is necessary to constantly mix the mixture before its formation into a homogeneous mass.
- Now you can remove the pan from the heat. Next, use a bowl into which you need to pour cold water. Now you need to beat the eggs in this bowl with the yolks of sugar, add rum or liqueur, pour into a bowl of chocolate mixture.
- Next, you need to mix the mass thoroughly, it is recommended to use a blender.
- Now you need to whip the whites of eggs in the plate and add them to the mixture. Add a couple of pinches of salt and continue to beat the mixture. After the mixture has become thick enough, add another tablespoon of sugar and vanilla.
- Continue to stir the mixture so that it becomes even thicker, and a little foam appeared at the top. After that, you can pour the chocolate mousse and put it in the fridge. It is advisable to keep him there for 4 hours.
- Thus, the chocolate mousse will be ready to eat. Store it can be no more than 4 days.