How to sell yourself?
If you want to get a good andhighly paid work or to make a brilliant career, you need to learn how to sell yourself as a specialist. What does it mean to "sell yourself"? To sell yourself means to represent yourself qualitatively in the labor market as a valuable worker, a professional in your business, a strong and interesting personality, a responsible and intelligent person.
How to profitably sell yourself: we create an image
If you want to sell yourself profitably, builda good career, you need to "keep the brand" in everything and behave appropriately not only at the interview, but always. How to create the image of a serious, smart, valuable professional, so as not to look for work itself, but to receive invitations from various companies to high posts? Let's give some advice.
- Strangers do not know what kind of person you are, theyevaluate you in appearance, and therefore it is necessary to create a stylish and "expensive" image, because this kind of appearance is often associated with a stylish, successful and serious person. How to sell yourself with the help of appearance? Choose a stylish wardrobe - let things in it will be a little, but they will necessarily be expensive, high-quality and well-seated on your figure. For a stylish image you need the same stylish accessories. This applies to shoes, a working portfolio, a belt, glasses, a scarf - they should be very high quality, so that at a glance at such details of the wardrobe it was noticeable that a person appreciates the quality and can afford accessories from famous designers. The same applies to gadgets. No one doubts that the stylish and businesslike dressed person talking on the iPhone is successful. An expensive smartphone from a well-known manufacturer is another important thing for you. Of course, the person must be well-groomed. Always a neat and well-laid haircut, a pleasant white tooth smile, clean skin and nails - it's a must.
- If you are a little-known person, you need toitself. To do this, you need to acquire useful links, they will help you sell yourself. Be aware of all activities (and secular ones in particular) that can help you acquire useful acquaintances. Be sure to go there, take the initiative, tie up conversations with interesting people and skillfully conduct a conversation (learn how to communicate correctly with business people). It is very useful to go to such events with your business cards, so be sure to work on it. Business cards should also emphasize your style and status, so carefully think over the design, let business cards be made to order by professionals. As soon as a new acquaintance turns into tempting offers and opportunities, with a smile, offer the person a business card. It is worth saying that tying up links is useful not only among potentially useful people for you, but also among all others. By the will of fate and they can contribute to your career, so communicate as much as possible with different people.
- If large projects areyou in a professional way, try to take part in them. They will help you to profitably sell yourself. Why? Firstly, so you "become familiar", you will be remembered, and secondly, for such events, very serious people who may be of use to you are often following you. It is possible that it is in the process of participating in such projects that you get an interesting proposal, yes, not one!
- Educate and kindly behave insociety always and with all people in any situation. This is important, because in life there are different cases. Suppose you nahamili unknown girl on the street, and then it turned out that she is the daughter of the director of the company, which you so much want to get to work. Unpleasant situation, right? Therefore, follow this advice without question.
- Personal details of life should not bepublic. This should be carefully monitored, because losing a high reputation is easy, and it is difficult to deserve. Also monitor your profiles in social networks - there should not be anything too blatant and compromising you. Look at your pages with the look of a person who can be a future partner or boss. Would they take such a person to work? What does not it like? Remove all information that might harm you.
- Work, work and work again. To sell yourself, you must really have a good understanding of your business, have a solid experience, do your job qualitatively and constantly improve.
- Do not be afraid to demonstrate yourself as a specialistto the public. Do you want to interview work? Do not refuse. The better you are known to the public as a good worker in a particular field, the more likely that you will be noticed by the right person. Also, help yourself to be known about you.
- Be interesting. Of course, work on your professionalism is on the first place, but it's also important to be interesting. It attracts people, causes a desire to communicate with such a person. Have a hobby, develop talents, learn something new. In addition, in the process of all this you will make new acquaintances, which are also important for the image as a whole.
- Remember that it is important to be an active person, to take the initiative yourself, not to miss opportunities. The more active you are, the more and more you will be noticed, which means that the chances of success will increase.
How to correctly sell yourself at an interview: tips
Consider the situation more specific. You were invited to an interview for a serious company, and you need to make a positive impression to get the desired place. How to sell yourself at an interview?
The person with whom you will communicate oninterview, sees you for the first time, so the idea of you will consist of everything that he will appreciate and notice in you. This appearance, behavior, the manner of communication and submission, knowledge of their business, etc. Nothing escapes his attentive look, so you need to be fully armed. We will discuss everything by the points.
As you know, meet on clothes, so immediatelythey will appreciate your appearance and draw the appropriate conclusions. You must be neat, clean and tidy. Healthy appearance, clean, well-laid hair, well-groomed nails, neat shoes, well-ironed and beautifully sitting on the figure of business clothes, light perfume, light make-up - what you need. And of course, do not forget to smile sincerely, because a smile disposes people, it causes sympathy.
You must impress smart,focused, responsible and self-confident person. Do not be late for the interview, but also to come earlier too. Come exactly at the appointed time. Behave calmly and amicably, not ingratiating and trying to please everyone with all the strength, but also not seeming to be a proud and arrogant person. Try to be with a person "on the same wavelength," not to be humiliated or humiliated.
Watch your gestures. They should be clear, moderately hard and fast, look - straight and calm, attentive, speech - loud enough (but not too much), measured, understandable, handshake - moderately strong.
Communication and presentation of yourself as a specialist
More than 50% of success depends on communication. How to sell yourself with a skillful conversation? As we have already noted, it is necessary to speak quite loudly, confidently, in an even, calm voice, using the relevant words (no colloquial words and jargon), while looking at the person with whom you are communicating. Be able to listen and show interest in what you are told, also know how to answer exactly the questions asked. Do not say anything superfluous, tell only about what can positively affect the job.
The main thing that you should do in a conversation isdemonstrate yourself as a professional. Be ready to talk about your past work rather extensively, to answer various questions related to it. According to your answers, you will be judged if you really are a good specialist, whether you understand in your work and how professional you are.
To properly sell yourself, you should be wellknow your business in practice, and in theory. Do not be surprised if you are asked to explain something from the theory, to tell the nuances of practical work. Answer specifically, confidently and in the case - that's what the professionals say. Of course, you need to provide a properly completed resume on a flat, clean sheet, preferably in a special folder or file (remember that you are judged even on trifles), letters of recommendation, various letters, thank you letters, etc. in professional activities. If you have the opportunity to demonstrate the fruits of their labors, it is also worth doing.
Many employers are interested in knowing why youyou want to get a job in their company. Be prepared for this situation: before you go to the interview, find out as much information about the company's work and your vacancy. If the conversation goes into this channel, you will be ready to say something about this topic, which, undoubtedly, will be a big plus for you. Also be prepared for "inconvenient" questions - too personal and frank. They are asked not for the sake of curiosity, but to see how you react to the stressful situation. Calmly and without additional information, answer them.
We gave you some useful recommendations on how to sell yourself. Listen to them, and they will help achieve what you desire.