How to treat the hip joint?
Joints connect the skeleton in a single system. One of the important joints is the hip. When complications occur in this joint, there may be movement problems. How to cure a hip joint, what is needed for this?
The hip joint is acetabularcavity of an anonymous bone of a basin and a head of a femur. Covered hyaline cartilage, the head of the thigh softly slides. The hip joint includes not only the head, but also the greater part of the neck of the femur.
The hip joint functions in conjunction with:
- Thoracic head of femur
- Fibrous capsule
- Articular hyaline cartilage
- Synovial membrane
- Synovial articular fluid
The hip joint is one of the most powerfuljoints in the human body, it experiences a great load when running, walking, so the disease of this joint takes the first place in the pathology of the joints. What can be the causes of pain and how to treat the hip joint?
Causes of pain in the hip joint
The causes of pain occurring in the hip joint can be as follows:
- Injuries of the joint, fractures. Most often, after a fracture, complications occur in the elderly, as they have decreased activity and recovery can occur with severe complications.
- Aseptic necrosis of the head of the femur. Due to the termination of the blood supply, the joint of the femur is destroyed.
- Rheumatic diseases leading to joint damage.
- Inflammation of the fluid sac located above the projection of the femur.
- Inflammation of the joint is arthritis. With inflammation of the joints, there is a sharp pain, the temperature rises, the inflamed place turns red, swells.
- Rheumatic diseases leading to joint damage.
- Inflammation of tendons.
- Damage to meniscus.
- Infection of the joint.
- Stretching of ligaments, tendons.
- Wear of the hip joint, thinningcartilage. All this can cause inflammation of the inner part of the joint. If there is no cartilage, then the naked head of the femur rubs against the bone of the pelvic cavity, causing very severe pain.
- Tumors of bones, soft tissues.
- Excess weight, sedentary lifestyle, uncomfortable shoes, improper nutrition.
Methods of treatment
Methods for treating the hip joint depend on the stage of the disease and the cause of the onset of the disease. Treatment of hip joint disease is often carried out in various variations.
- Drug treatment.
- Folk remedies.
- Joint tract.
- Operational methods.
- Auxiliary means.
When the hip aching, what should I do in this case?
At the initial stage of joint inflammation, a bandage must be densely applied, which will limit the movement of the joint, and the pain will be slightly blunted.
Medication involves the use of tablets and injections.
When inflammation of the joints are assigned to various groups of certain medications:
- Strong-acting - methotrexate,
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - diclofenac, piroxicam, indomethacin,
- Hormonal steroid - hydrocortisone, Kenalog, methylpred,
- Hondoprotectors - glucosamine, arteparone, rumalon,
- Vasculature - nikoshpan, trental, theonikol.
How to treat the hip joint in addition? For this purpose, reflexotherapy, hirudotherapy, kinesitherapy (joint gymnastics) are treated. To strengthen and protect the inflamed cartilage tissue of the joint, physiotherapy is prescribed: electrophoresis, laser, magnetic effect. The massage sessions soften the pain, improve blood circulation, stimulate the activity of nerve cells.
Treatment with folk remedies
Treatment of hip inflammationperhaps by popular means. But folk treatment of the hip joint should only be in addition to the main therapy. Medicinal herbs give the necessary result only with prolonged use, at least 2-3 months, but it is better to have patience for a longer application.
- Good effect on the joints seen in the kidneysPine trees. To prepare the medicinal composition, the kidneys of the pine should be placed in a small jar, sandwiching them with sugar, leaving this mixture in a dark place for 6-7 days. After this, this compound is rubbed into the diseased joints, and several teaspoons are taken orally 2 times a day.
- From calendula, cranberries, St. John's wort, nettles make infusions and take half a glass 4-5 times a day.
- Cabbage compresses. Cabbage leaf should be smeared with honey, attach to a sore spot, tied with cellophane and a warm scarf. It must be done at night, in the morning the compress should be removed.
- Lilac tincture. 50 g of young leaves of lilac pour 0.4 liters. vodka, insist in a cool, dark place for 10 days. After this, strain, and then take before eating 50 drops.
- 3 pieces of garlic grind, add juice with 10lemons, 1 tsp. the wiped horseradish. Mix everything, insist 3 weeks in a dark, warm place. Strain, 1 tsp. composition to dissolve in a glass of water and take after meals twice a day.
However, even herbs should be taken only afterdoctor's recommendations. Observance of proper nutrition (products containing calcium - milk, cheese, cottage cheese, sea fish, eggs), reduction of excess weight will help to transfer the disease of the hip joint in a lighter form.