September 1 holiday - Knowledge Day
I am glad to welcome you, dear readers! The theme of the conversation will be the holiday of September 1 - Day of Knowledge. Consider the history of the holiday, the preparation of children for school, gifts to teachers and children.
On the first autumn day, teachers, teachers, students and schoolchildren celebrate the Day of Knowledge. In the calendar, the holiday officially appeared only in early 1984.
In Russia, there was previously no specific start date for the school year. In educational institutions classes began at different times. In rural areas - in late autumn after the completion of agricultural work. In urban gymnasium - in August.
In 1935, the members of the Council of People's Commissars issued a resolution on the date of commencement of the educational process on the first of September. At that moment, they determined the duration of the school year and introduced a fixed holiday.
The date of September 1 was chosen not by chance. In Russia, on this day, we celebrated the New Year and proceeded to science. After the order of Peter the Great, the New Year holidays were moved, and the start of studies was left in order not to interrupt the educational process for a long time. But the church played a decisive role in the question.In those days, the schools were church, and the church was not in a hurry to change the calendar.
In the Soviet educational institutions the beginning of study was considered a solemn day. Everywhere there was a festive line, in which children were honored, who first crossed the threshold of the school. Since there was no holiday in the calendar, the people called it the “first call”.
On the first day of study, they did not conduct full-fledged lessons; instead, they arranged a class hour in which students shared with teachers emotions and impressions of summer holidays and vacations, recorded the schedule of classes, and became acquainted with teachers.
In 1980, on September 1, they founded the Day of Knowledge and assigned the status of a holiday. The date remained educational until in 1984 it was noted in the new format.
From that moment, the lesson of the world came to replace the classroom hour, focusing on education of citizenship, pride in Fatherland and patriotism. Over time, schools refused from such lessons, and as a result of September 1, they began to conduct entertainment events.
Now, in educational institutions, the first of September is not considered a school day.By tradition, schools hold a solemn line, to which students come in elegant clothes with balloons and bouquets. And the first graders act as the hero of the occasion. When the Union became history, Knowledge Day made official holidays in countries that came out of the USSR - Turkmenistan, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine and other countries.
In America, there is no start date of study. All states have their own rules. In Australian and German schools they sit at their desks in February and October, respectively. In Russia, they are thinking about making the school year schedule flexible due to the large territory of the country and different climatic conditions.
How to prepare a first grader for September 1
Continuing the topic of conversation, I will tell you about the preparation of a first grader for September 1. The first visit to an educational institution is accompanied by stress for both the child and the parents. Each member of the family has many questions and everyone wants to make a contribution.
In fact, everything is easier if you prepare in advance, get together and take a deep breath. They will help in the preparation of advice and recommendations of psychologists, teachers and experienced mothers, which I gathered in this part of the article.
- In summer, children sleep a lot and go to bed late. A few weeks before the holiday, transfer the child to school. Train to go to bed earlier, otherwise there will be problems in September.
- During the last week of summer, do not make long hikes, trips or noisy activities for your child. Do everything to ensure that the child rests in a relaxed atmosphere before starting school. As a result, the body will prepare for an important event.
- Take a walk with the child through the school corridors, visit the classes in which you will be engaged, for a moment, take a look at the changing room, gym, dining room and toilet. This will calm the baby and he will not get lost in the school maze.
- If possible, introduce the child to the teachers. Go to the teacher's room and say hello. By the beginning of study, teachers are already in the workplace.
- Communicate with the class teacher, tell the features of the child concerning health, fear and shyness, communication skills. This information will ease the fate of the teacher, and you will be calmer.
- Collecting a portfolio for the holiday of the Day of Knowledge is better with a child. He himself will not cope with this task, but with your help everything will work out.Otherwise, the baby may not have a pen or a pencil in his briefcase, and he will hesitate to lend, since other children are unfamiliar to him.
- Put a bag of juice or a bottle of water, a little biscuit or a bun in the backpack of the newly-made schoolboy so that the baby can refresh himself or quench his thirst.
- I do not recommend feeding a child before Knowledge Day. Some parents in the morning indulge their children with cakes, cakes and goodies, and then face problems. Start the day with breakfast and take the festive event for lunch.
- If a child has an attachment to a toy, put it in a briefcase. In a difficult moment, your favorite bunny will support your child morally. Do not forget to inform the child that the pet should be in the bag.
- It is impossible to imagine a holiday without a student's form. Get clothes made from natural breathable fabric. Ask the representatives of the school or other mothers about the “weather” in the classrooms. The information obtained will help to dress the child in accordance with the school temperature regime.
- Take care of the colors. I recommend to buy a child a small bouquet, otherwise it will bring discomfort, and the holiday will irrevocably spoil.
- Take care that your child has wet wipes with him, with which he can wipe his hands. It does not hurt a piece of paper on which indicate the name and surname of the child, your phone number.
Before starting school, try to constantly keep your child morally up. Talk about school, remember a few moments from school life, or show funny pictures. As a result, the baby will tune in to a positive wave.
How to prepare for high school for September 1
The first of September is on the horizon. For parents of first graders this day is a real holiday. For everyone else, Knowledge Day is a quiet horror that spoils the mood of schoolchildren, who during the summer holidays were accustomed to a carefree life, and was emptying the pockets of parents trying to staff and clothe children. I have this date associated with new expectations and hopes.
In this chapter, the story will tell about the preparation of high school students for September 1. Preparing boys for the holiday is practically no different except for some moments related to clothes and hairstyles.
- Update your wardrobe with fashionable and comfortable items of clothing.At the disposal of any high school student should be pants, blouse, a few t-shirts and T-shirts, fashionable skirt. I advise you to buy sneakers and shoes.
- A week before starting your studies, gain confidence. Reaching the goal will help remind yourself of the merits. Remember, you had to go to school before.
- Do not interfere on the eve of the day of knowledge to get in touch with school friends. If you go on a holiday with a friendly company, you will feel more confident, and the atmosphere in such conditions is more joyful and cheerful.
- Final preparation for going to school, start the night before. Collect the necessary things in a bag, make a list of what to take. Take a shower before going to bed, and in the morning, when you are ready, surround yourself with a pleasant smell using deodorant or perfume.
- Go to bed early. A good sleep will have a positive effect on your morning state of health and help you look good. An hour before sending to bed, turn off appliances and electronics to make the atmosphere in the room calm.
- Get up early in the morning. It is possible that it will take a little extra time if you make a mistake or forget an important thing at home.
- Do not forget to have breakfast.On this important day, the body will need a lot of energy. If it is not customary to have breakfast, have a snack with cereal or a muesli bar.
- Wash your face with cool water early in the morning. As a result, wake up completely and awaken the skin, which will make the appearance fresh and vigorous.
- On the morning of the first of September, get dressed and make a fashionable hairstyle. Try to keep the hairstyle simple, beautiful and consistent with the style. Straighten hair or curls. The main thing is to create a cute, stylish and simple image.
- Do not use a lot of makeup. Make yourself attractive recommend using foundation, mascara and blush. If necessary, use a dull lipstick.
- Before leaving the house, re-read the list to make sure that you have taken the necessary documents and things. Remain to reach the school doorstep, retaining an unsurpassed image.
Do not forget to take a sincere smile with you. Only she can make the day truly festive.
What to give for September 1
The final part of the article is devoted to the issue of gifts for September 1. Since Knowledge Day is a holiday, both children and teachers should receive gifts.
Parents prepare their children for the school year in advance — they buy backpacks, notebooks, pencil cases, and school supplies. The most anticipated holiday for first graders who will not wait for the moment when they go to school with their older brothers and sisters.
- Parents buy school "clothing" on their own and children do not participate in the selection. It is better if you go shopping with your baby and listen to his tastes and preferences. Similarly, choose a gift to the teacher.
- A traditional gift to the first teacher is considered a bouquet of flowers. Florists are advised to choose a floral gift based on the age of the recipient. The young teacher will suit the bright, not fully bloomed flowers. A teacher of mature age will be delighted with a bouquet of bright large flowers.
- If the first teacher of a child is a man, it does not mean that it is impossible to give a bouquet. A male teacher I recommend giving strict bouquets of lotuses, poppies, daffodils or tulips.
- If you strive to please the teacher for the holiday with a bunch with a twist, bring it in yourself. In the bouquet, add a sprig of wild rose or rowan.A nice option for a floral gift is a bouquet of sweets and sweets. But originality will have to spend a little money.
- If the bouquet seems small, add a box of chocolates or a beautiful card. In any case, focus on the bouquet, because it is the most democratic as a gift to a stranger.
- After completing the solemn line arrange a holiday schoolboy. Go to the cinema or entertainment center. Please children with ice cream, cake, biscuit or other delicacy.
- Even if the child goes to the fifth or seventh grade, do not deprive him of joy, because the holiday is the Day of Knowledge, like a birthday, once a year. An excellent gift to the student will be a diary, in which he can draw up a daily routine or record important information as adults.
- Parents give out pocket money to children. If you use this practice, give the child a wallet. This will help your baby from an early age to keep funds safe.
If you have finances, give your child a tablet, netbook or mobile phone. Just be sure to explain to the child that the teacher is not allowed to use the phone during lessons.
School years are the most interesting and diverse.Cast aside doubts and anxieties and strive to get as much unforgettable impressions and emotions from the holiday as possible.