Sidewalk stone: advantages of use and styling features
Not too many materials can be used to cover streets, paths, sites and other sites that would be distinguished by reliability and quality. One of them is a paving stone.
The material is made of the following materials:
- A natural high-strength stone, which is cut into identical in size and shape elements.
- Conventional concrete. Moreover, to obtain a material with certain characteristics, various additives can be used.
Of course, the cost of natural stone is significantlyhigher than the artificial, but if you take into account the time of operation of the first and its unique properties, it becomes clear that the funds expended will pay off for many years and excellent aesthetic characteristics of the surface created. That's why all those who can afford it or want to see only natural materials on their site are most often using natural stone. It will be discussed further.
Scope of application
Use stone paving is possible for:
- Devices of sidewalks, avenues, paths.
- Formation of hard surfaces in the area of squares, garden arbors, recreation areas, parks.
- Creation of coverage of access roads to specialized parking lots, private garages.
- Arrangement of space around high-rise buildings, cottages, office buildings, sanatoriums, hotels and other structures.
- Covering yards in ordinary cottages and near private houses.
Optimum option for the manufacture of coatings,which has an attractive appearance, strength and durability, is a paving stone. Photos better than any words demonstrate the beauty of the finished coatings from this material. It will look great everywhere, regardless of the type of construction and its purpose.
Other advantages include:
- A variety of shades, which makes it much easier to select a cover for a particular house or landscape.
- Resistance to any temperatures, so you can use the material in any region.
- A small thickness of the elements, which greatly facilitates their installation.
- The shape and size of the paving stone can be any, even non-standard, if it is necessary to create complex elements of the landscape.
- Durability. The service life of coatings is estimated in decades.
- Strength. No precipitation, UV rays and other atmospheric adversities can damage the finished coating.
Ways of laying
Stone paving can be laid in several ways. Their choice depends on the purpose of the coating:
- To arrange surfaces in places with low load, it will be enough to use to create a cushion of sand, gravel, gravel.
- If the work is carried out on the arrangement of sites, onwhich will move the transport or a large number of people to protect the coating from destruction, it is necessary to create additional protection - use for the manufacture of the foundation of crushed stone and cement-sand mortar.
- If a road is being built along which large traffic flows, including heavy ones, will be advanced, in order to obtain a reliable surface, a concrete mortar must be the foundation for the paving stone.
Installation work consists of several stages, and each of them must be performed as qualitatively as possible:
- Landmarking.Even before the stone is acquiredpavement, you need to carefully inspect the territory to identify objects that will interfere with the work (trees, pergola, canopy) and decide what to do - clean them or bypass them. Next, you need to use pegs and a rope to designate the boundaries of the piling.
- Removal of the top layer of the ground, as itIt has a porous structure and problems with surface deformation will eventually start. The depth to which the soil needs to be removed depends on its specificity. In addition, the ground should be removed at a slight angle so that the water from the sediments can drain off the surface and not stagnate. If this is not done, the moisture will stagnate, and the stone will sink.
- Soil compaction. To do this, you can use a vibratory plate for large areas, and on small sites it is possible to hold the seal manually.
- Creating a layer using natural materials (gravel, crushed stone).The minimum thickness of the layer is 10 cm. For open areas it is best to use rubble - this will result in an excellent drainage system.
- Use a solution of sand (1 part) and cement (3 parts). At the same stage, you must also lay curbs to get the whole composition.
- Create a sand cushion 10 cm thick.It is desirable to use sand without clay, the best river. The created layer must be condensed.
- Direct laying of paving stone.To put each element in place, shift it if necessary, you can use a rubber kijanku. At the same time, you must act with caution, without too vigorous movements.
- The created surface should be squashed with fine-grained sand to fill all existing slots.