Thyme herb - useful properties, contraindications, use
Thyme (mother, thyme, boron thyme) - well-known among the inhabitants of the CIS grass, which is used in traditional medicine. It is characterized by an unimaginable amount of beneficial properties and has a beneficial effect on the general condition of the body. The article will consider the beneficial properties and contraindications of thyme.
9 healing properties of thyme
- Natural antiseptic. Ideal for the treatment and prevention of inflammatory ailments.
- Strong expectorant and anti-inflammatory. Long since the motherboard is used as a formidable weapon in the fight against cough and bronchitis.
- Infusion and decoction based on thyme - help with tonsillitis, stomatitis and diseases of the pharynx. The infusion is used in the form of inhalations, and it is customary to wash ulcers, wounds and other injuries of the skin with fresh decoction.
- Treats neuritis and radiculitis with pain. Mood increases appetite and improves digestion.
- Used in the form of lotions and compresses. On the basis of thyme make therapeutic baths. Steamed herb is used to treat osteoarthritis.
- Natural sedative and hypnotic. Helps to correct the work of the nervous system, cure nervous breakdown, eliminate insomnia and cope with depression.
- The source of zinc and nutrients that the male body needs. Products based on the motherboard are used in the treatment of impotence and prostatitis.
- Helps in the fight against alcoholism. Substances that are part of the plant, cleanse the liver and remove from the body heavy slags and dangerous toxins, which are the decay products of alcohol. Causes a person a steady aversion to alcohol.
- On the basis of thyme, an aromatic tea is prepared that strengthens the immune system, relieves fatigue, restores metabolism and improves well-being.
As you can see, thyme is a truly miraculous plant that will help to cope with a number of diseases, strengthen the body and charge it with energy. Note that thyme has found extensive use in the food field. It is used as an aromatic spice, added to pickles, marinades, all kinds of dishes and drinks.
Thyme contains essential oils, mineral salts, tannins, acids and resins of natural character. Contrary to the unique composition, there are also contraindications. People who regularly use it in traditional medicine should definitely know them.
- Not recommended for use in the treatment or in the form of seasoning during pregnancy.
- To use extremely carefully, and ideally it is better to completely exclude from the diet and the list of medicines for people with digestive system problems.
- It is forbidden to use in diseases of the liver and kidneys.
- The herb contains thymol, which negatively affects liver function.
- Do not get involved in the uncontrolled self-treatment of thyme. With prolonged use of the herb may appear hypofunction of the thyroid gland.
- In case of overdose, there is a possibility of an allergic reaction. Signs of overdose - deterioration of health and the appearance of rashes on the skin.
- The research results showed that the plant is contraindicated in atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels, cardiosclerosis, and decompensation of the heart activity.
If you are a true fan of traditional medicine and consider the gifts of Mother Nature to be a unique medicine, this is good.However, for their use it is necessary to have the appropriate knowledge and to comply with the correct dosage. Any drug in high dosage becomes a health hazard.
Where does thyme apply?
Lotions of thyme relieve pain and swelling with bee stings. Extracts help with asthma, and decoctions relieve unpleasant smell from the mouth. Essential oil disinfects the air.
- Thanks to its spicy bitter taste and pleasant smell, thyme improves the taste of fish, lamb, liver, meat pate and even fried potatoes.
- Spice plants perfectly with pickles, smoked meats, boiled eggs, beans, peas and cheeses.
- Dry apical parts are used in cooking, and greens are added to soups, salads and cold appetizers.
- Thyme is characterized by wound healing, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. On its basis, make a cream and ointment, healing wounds, insect bites and small skin cracks.
- In beauty salons, agents based on thyme are used to fight purulent inflammations and acne.
- Pharmacological companies produce formulations for hair loss. Due to the rich chemical composition of the plant, these agents restore the structure of damaged or colored hair.
- The essential oil of the motherboard is used to create perfume compositions, perfumes, eau de toilette and lotions.
- To improve your hair at home, wash your hair with regular shampoo with the addition of three drops of plant essential oil. Perform the procedure once a week.
Medicine, cooking, cosmetology and perfumery - not a complete list of areas where thyme found a place.
Answers on questions
Is thyme and thyme the same?
Every advocate of alternative medicine is of the opinion that thyme and thyme are one and the same. Why then is this question the reason for the debate? Finding the right answer will only help the science that studies medicinal plants.
I note that in times of Roman confrontation, soldiers took baths with thyme decoction to invigorate before the battle and saturate the body with energy. In the Middle Ages, girls were given dry sprigs of thyme as a gift before a long journey.Such a gift was considered a talisman against evil and evil spirits, while philosophers attributed supernatural powers to it.Thyme and thyme are the closest relatives. Both plants are saturated with essential oils and have found application in medicine. Most textbooks and encyclopedias say that this is one plant. At the same time, each grass distinguishes its varieties, which differ in the form of leaves, smell and color.
The most popular varieties of thyme are common and creeping. The second variety is the thyme we are considering. If you carefully examine the plants, you will notice differences.
The thyme has a flat crown, a thick root system and a wide stem. Thyme has a high stalk of small thickness, roots deep in the soil, lush and bright inflorescences.
Can I drink tea with thyme during pregnancy
Only the doctor will determine whether the girl in the position to use tea with thyme. I will designate medicinal characteristics and contraindications to the use.
In future mothers often have health problems. Many purchased medicines during this period are prohibited, this healing plant helps to cope with ailments.
- If a girl has arrhythmia or impaired cardiac activity, use thyme decoction as much as possible. In the case of a reduced thyroid function, it is obligatory to consult a doctor.
- Insidiousness of a plant is reduced to the ability to increase pressure imperceptibly.
- This herb can increase the tone of the uterus, which increases the likelihood of miscarriage.
- Drinking tea before childbirth can have a positive effect on labor. True, it is better to act under the supervision of a doctor.
Why do I need to give thyme to children
The children's organism continues to form and develop. Sometimes there are failures that adversely affect the metabolism, which is fraught with the occurrence of rickets. To avoid this, when bathing applied thyme infusion. Fifty grams of the plant pour five liters of boiling water, and after 30 minutes, strain and pour into the bath.
- Tea from this herb before a meal will help eliminate disruptions in the digestive system that lead to dysbiosis.
- Herbal mood helps to treat colds with coughing.
- With diarrhea, 10 grams of the plant pour a glass of water and boil. After a third of an hour, filtered infusion to treat the child, after adding sugar to the drink.
Before using these funds, consult your doctor. After a thorough examination of the baby, he will report whether it is advisable to use thyme.
Is it possible to drink thyme for men
Let's talk about the representatives of the stronger sex. I think this herb should be included in the diet of every guy, and there are certain reasons for that.
- The content is beneficial for men's health of trace elements. Molybdenum activates enzymes that normalize sexual function, and selenium improves the quality of the seed.
- Helps with sexual weakness. Two spoons of herbs pour two cups of boiling water, insist for two hours, strain and drink twice a day. With the help of the same medicine, the problem with early ejaculation is solved.
- Thyme contains ursolic acid, which is required for normal hair growth. The compound has a beneficial effect on the hair follicles and activates their growth.
- Helps with myositis (muscle inflammation).To restore the functionality of the muscles use infusions and compresses.
As part of the story, I set out as much useful information as possible about the intricacies of the application and beneficial properties of thyme grass. I hope you find my work worthwhile and express gratitude in the form of comments.