What is blood?
Blood is a liquid tissue of the human body. And for each person the amount of blood is individually and is 4.5-5 liters. In order to better understand what blood is, you need to know its composition. At present, every modern person should understand this issue, since different situations may arise.
What is the blood
- The blood of a healthy person consists of 55% plasma and 45% of various elements. The blood formation process itself takes place in the bone marrow, therefore, when the bone marrow diseases or any external influences on it, the blood formation process is disturbed, and therefore the quantitative and qualitative composition of the blood changes. Almost all the elements that make up the blood change over the course of a person’s life and are constantly updated. Composition of blood:
- Red blood cells. These are red blood cells responsible for transporting oxygen to human organs. Red blood cells contain hemoglobin, which is composed of iron.
- Leukocytes. These are white blood cells. They play an important role in protecting the body from all sorts of toxic substances, infections, tissues and cells alien to the body.Leukocytes during the destruction of foreign bodies die in large quantities. The life span of leukocytes ranges from several days to several decades.
- Platelets. They are responsible for blood clotting. This protects the human body from fatal blood loss with various cuts and injuries. Platelets are colorless, irregularly shaped bodies circulating in the blood.
- Plasma. Plasma promotes the movement of blood cells. At 90% it consists of water and is an important component of the blood.
What is blood for?
Blood has the following functions: - respiratory (delivers oxygen to organs and tissues from the lungs, and also promotes the elimination of carbon dioxide from the body) - transport (delivers nutrients to the organs and tissues) - excretory (promotes elimination of decomposition products from the human body) - protective (protects human immunity)
What is blood type
Under the blood group imply a combination of immunogenetic features, as well as the antigenic characteristics of red blood cells that are in the blood of each person. The division of blood into groups is carried out according to general characteristics: the AB0 system and the Rhesus system.In turn, the Rh factor is a special protein that is located on the surface of red blood cells. It is worth noting that 85% of people are Rh-positive, and the remaining 15% of people do not have it and, accordingly, are Rh-negative. Currently, scientists have learned how to determine the nature of its carrier, as well as a list of its possible diseases, by the blood group. There is an assumption that at the dawn of humanity, all our ancestors had a single O-group (or first blood group). Today it is informally called “hunting,” because in ancient times its owners hunted. Today, owners of the first blood group should eat meat. These people are prone to diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Representatives of the second blood group are called "farmers". They are encouraged to turn to vegetarian food. People with this blood type are often prone to corpulence, they may develop diabetes and tumors. Holders of the third group of blood are contraindicated sweets. Also, they can not overwork. Although in general, people with the third blood group are the most healthy.Rare fourth blood group is only in 4% of the population of the entire globe. The health of these people is constantly subject to threats: thrombosis, hyperemia and atherosclerosis.
Well, now you can say with confidence that you know what blood is. If you feel unwell or fatigue, be sure to consult a doctor. By blood analysis, you can immediately identify what is wrong with you. Be attentive to yourself!