What is criticism?
The word "criticism" came to us from the French language and it means "judgment, the art of analyzing." Criticism is the evaluative judgment of various areas of human activity.
The varieties and tasks of criticism will be discussed later.
The main tasks of criticism
In order to better understand what criticism is, and what its significance is in various areas of human life, it is necessary to find out what tasks the critic pursues. There are several of them:
- Detection of contradictions.
- Error detection and analysis.
- A detailed analysis, discussion of something for the purpose of evaluation (for example, literary criticism).
- Indication of shortcomings in any phenomena in culture, art, public life, etc.
- Scientific study, verification of truth, truth of something.
- Expression of a specific point of view, discussion, feedback.
What is constructive and destructive criticism?
In human relationships, not infrequentlyAn expression such as "constructive criticism" is used. It means this kind of criticism, which is not aimed at insulting the addressee, does not hurt his self-esteem, but, on the contrary, helps him to correct mistakes. In the opposite case, there is a destructive criticism, the purpose of which is to show the superiority of the critic over the addressee. In order to make the criticism fruitful, criticizing, it is necessary to observe the following rules:
- Do not just blame the critic, but give constructive suggestions.
- Avoid public criticism, it is best to make comments alone (especially in interpersonal relationships).
- Always try to get into the position of the critic, understand his point of view.
- Criticize in the utmost polite and benevolent tone.
- Try not to switch to personalities. This will help criticism, "ricochet": when criticism is subjected to the actions of some abstract person.
- Expressing your opinion (disagreement) is necessary in the form of discussion, and not imposing it.
From this article you learned what criticism is. The meaning of other words can be read in the articles of our site from the Definitions section.