What is distance learning?
In the article we will talk about what isdistance learning, what are its advantages, forms and main components. Interest is the technology of distance learning (DO), which is the interaction of the teacher and students at a distance. All the components inherent in the learning process (goal, content, tools, methods, organizational forms) are retained. Such interaction is realized with the help of specific means of Internet technologies. Other means can be used that provide for interactivity.
Distance learning is an independent form of education. The leading means are information technology.
The main elements of the UP
The following basic elements are provided by this modern form of training:
- medium of information transfer: information communication networks, television, radio, mail)
- methods, the choice of which is influenced by the technical environment of information exchange
Advantages of distance learning
Such training contributes to:
- reduction in the cost of training (it is a question of renting premises, we also mean the cost of traveling to the place of study for students and work places for teachers, etc.)
- training a large number of people
- Improving the quality of education through modern tools and large electronic libraries
In the modernization of education, distance learningplays an increasing role. The final control with such training can be full-time or remote. DO is used for advanced training courses and for higher education.
Benefits of learning online
- Flexibility: students receive education in a convenient place for them and at the time that suits them
- long-distance: for learning there is no limit to distance, you can study regardless of where you live
- Cost-effectiveness: travel expenses are reduced to the place of study
Forms of organizing classes
Basic forms of DO
Chat classes are carried out using chat technologies, and participants have access to the chat at the same time.
Web-based classes are conferences, seminars, workshops, laboratory work, distance lessons, business games using the Internet and webcams.
Teleconferences are usually conducted using e-mail and mailing lists.
There are such forms of DO, in which materials necessary for study are sent to the regions by mail.
Telepresence allows the user throughspecial devices (for example, using the remote robot R.Bot 100) to get the impression that he is in class with his peers or in the classroom with all the students who are there.
Distance learning is sufficientaccessible. Nowadays it is actively used for obtaining higher and additional education. This form is effective, since the student constantly performs practical tasks, thereby acquiring stable automated skills.