What promotes growth?
A person's height is a parameter programmed at the genetic level, with the exception of the existing hormonal disorders that can affect him. This statement does not mean that initially you can find out what kind of growth a person will have at his birth. This means only that high parents with 99% probability will have the same children, and low ones will have low ones. In this connection, a natural question arises: what exactly contributes to growth and can it somehow affect growth for people who want to be taller?
Hormone responsible for human growth
In the human body, the so-called growth hormone or somatotropin is responsible for the length of the body and the proportions of all its parts. This substance is produced by the pituitary gland (anterior part of it), which is located in the cerebral cortex. An increased amount of this hormone is found in the body of adolescents who are in the active growth phase.
Somatotropin causes acceleration of bone growth in length, and also does not allow proteins to decay and provokes their formation.Dysfunction or damage to the pituitary gland can trigger growth disturbances, causing dwarfism or gigantism.
What vitamins promote growth
Of course, it is almost impossible to influence the genetic code. But science knows that it is possible to stimulate the production of growth hormone by correcting your diet correctly. Vitamins are able to provoke an active synthesis of somatotropin.
Here are these vitamins:
- Vitamin A or “growth vitamin” is found in large quantities in fruits and vegetables of orange and red color. First of all, it is carrots, apricots, tomatoes, red pepper, etc.
- Vitamin B is found in foods of animal origin: Dutch cheese, butter, chicken egg yolks. He is also in the nuts.
- Vitamin E is present in olive oil, beef and rabbit liver, eggs, beef, and oats.
- Vitamin D is produced in the body, and does not enter it with any products. And the synthesis of this vitamin occurs in the skin under the influence of ultraviolet rays. Therefore, you need to moderately sunbathe in the warm season and use pharmacy vitamin D in the cold season.The substance promotes the absorption of calcium, which is necessary for the growth of bones, teeth and hair.
Macro and trace elements affecting growth
We list what contributes to growth:
- Protein is the “building material” of all cells and tissues in the body. With its deficiency dystrophy can occur, there is a short stature. Protein is found in animal products - meat and especially fish, as well as in plant foods - in beans and soybeans.
- Carbohydrates are necessary for the normal functioning of the brain (and therefore, they ensure good functioning of the pituitary gland).
- Fats are needed to dissolve fat-soluble vitamins E and B.
- Calcium is most needed for bone growth. Its increased amount is noted in dairy products, cabbage and spinach.
- Zinc is also needed by the body. Scientists note the relationship between growth retardation and the deficiency of this element.
- Iron is necessary for normal blood formation and oxygenation of tissues. Without this trace element, the normal functioning of organs and systems is impossible. Iron-rich apples, pomegranates and meat.
The diet of a growing person who wants to grow a little more should be complete and balanced.In addition, the products must be properly prepared: it is better to eat vegetables raw or steamed, so that the maximum amount of nutrients remains in them.
Healthy and active lifestyle
Contribute to the development and growth of the young body also sports, high physical activity. This should be known to young people who are looking for the answer to the question of what to do to grow. Catching up with basketball, swimming, handball and volleyball, you can influence your growth - grow. And growth can be inhibited by bad habits - smoking, alcoholism, drug use.
The link between active exercise and height of a person can be traced to the fact that with sufficient physical activity the body is better saturated with oxygen. Exercise normalizes the work of all organs and stimulates normal metabolism.