What should be a wedding ring?
The tradition of exchanging rings at a wedding is considered a mandatory attribute, as is the dress with the bride's bouquet. In ancient times, the ring was a talisman, and at the wedding personified the infinite (symbol of the circle) love and loyalty, in which the lovers swore to each other. So what should be a wedding or wedding ring?
First of all, let's distinguish between the concepts of "wedding ring" and "wedding ring." From time immemorial, wedding rings were given to a woman during the engagement and were necessarily with a precious stone (usually with a diamond). Wedding rings the bride and groom exchanged during the engagement. As a rule, they were from the same flat metal, while the bride necessarily took off the wedding ring during the ceremony. In our time, the differences between the rings blurred, as the engagement ceremony itself was forgotten, so wedding rings began to be called wedding.
So, you decided to play a wedding, decided on guests and dresses, it remains to decide which rings to buy. The wedding ring should be suitable, therefore, choosing it, be guided by the following criteria:
- Ring size. Since we all change during life, it would be nice if you measure the volume of the ring finger several times. Remember that it is better to make a half-size ring more than to suffer, trying to put a small ring on your bride.
- Ring width For men, the normal width of the ring is 4-8 mm., And for women it ranges from 5-6 mm. Women more often prefer thin rings, especially if there is more than one on one finger. Wide rings are ideal for long fingers, and narrow ones for short ones.
- The color of the ring. It can be gold (red, pink, red, yellow) or platinum.
- Stones on the ring. Diamonds, diamonds, pearls, emerald, ruby and others are usually chosen among gemstones.
- Engraving and notching. Recently, it is very fashionable to make inscriptions on wedding rings - these can be the names of the bride and groom, dates, words of love. To perform a notch pattern, consider the ring metal sample (585 and 750 samples, except 950, will work).
If you choose rings, do not forget about their design and remember that rings that have the same decorative elements look perfect.