Why do you want to work?
When applying for a new job, it is often necessary to go through several stages: competition, security check, interview. If the first two stages are successful, you need to carefully prepare for the last. Often candidates are rejected because they cannot answer such a simple question: “Why do you want to work in our company?” How can you correctly answer this question and have an interview?
When asking a question about the choice of a given organization, the interviewer seeks to understand what goals the applicant has and what effect this will have on his work. Therefore, to answer this question, you need to prepare in advance.
- Find out information about the company: the history of creation, scope, ups and downs, the current situation.
- Compare the current state of affairs of the company with competitors. Learn and write the names of organizations with lower profits, customer base, performance.
- From employees of the organization to learn about domestic politics, culture, nuances of work, relationships with superiors.
In order to show yourself from the good side and please the employer, the answer “why I want to work in the company” should be as follows:
- As I know, the organization has a friendly and cohesive team. Therefore, working in such a strong team, I can show better results.
- Your company has been in this market for many years and occupies a steel position. I am attracted to your company because of confidence in the future, given the situation in the market.
- This company occupies a leading position in the market. It leaves far behind such strong firms as ... (give the prepared names of organizations). I do not like to lose, so I want to work on the side of a strong player.
- I studied the activities of your company and I believe that it has the potential for broad development in its field. In turn, I would like to do everything possible to achieve this goal.
- I like the position taken by the firm in this area. I am sure that this is where my knowledge and skills will be useful, and I will be able to reach my potential.
You also need to know the standard errors that can cause distrust and negative to the employer, and even lead to failure. These include answers:
- I was attracted by a high salary for a small workload.
- Working with you, you can get various privileges (free accommodation, travel, leisure, apartment, car, etc.).
- Here the authorities are loyal to their subordinates and will not punish them for the mistakes made.
During the interview you need to firmly decide for yourself that you want to work in this company. Such confidence will help promptly and with confidence to answer any question, and the interview will be successfully completed.