Why does my back hurt?
Watch the video
Back pain can be a symptom of various diseases. Therefore, in order to determine why a backache hurts, at a doctor’s appointment, a specialist so carefully asks the patient about the nature of his pain.
As evidenced by back pain
First, look at the localization of pain. If the back hurts along the entire length: from the neck to the coccyx, then the muscles that hold the spine are likely to be affected. Why back pain in this case most often:
- Long stay in the same position (for example, in an office chair at the computer).
- Stoop and bad posture.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Failure to follow the rules of how to wear gravity.
Office workers are strongly advised to add more physical activity to their lives: in the evenings, go to a fitness room or gym, run, walk for an hour, and so on. The main thing is to consult a doctor and play sports dosed! Help physical therapy. Also do not ignore the rules of weight lifting:
- if the load you can not afford, do not try to lift it;
- to lift an object, do not bend your back, bend exactly your legs;
- hold the load closer to the body, and not on outstretched arms;
- Do not curl, holding a heavy object.
Why does the back in the lumbar region hurt
This back pain is more dangerous than the previous one, and the disease, of which it is a symptom, is more difficult to determine. Problems with the loins most often occur in people of working age (35-50 years) and, by the way, pass away quite quickly. But there is one unpleasant feature of low back pain - “bumming” once, wait for a relapse. Here are the possible causes of lower back pain:
- Fracture of any or several spinal vertebrae
- Infectious diseases (brucellosis, tuberculosis and others)
- Noninfectious inflammations (ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, Reiter’s syndrome)
- Stroke states with impaired spinal blood circulation
- Diseases of the digestive tract (eg, acute appendicitis). That is why the stomach and the back simultaneously hurt.
- Kidney, infectious gynecological diseases
Why back pain after sleep
This is a fairly common complaint of patients. In most cases, the cause is incorrect posture during sleep. How to sleep? The ideal position - lying on its side with a pillow between the legs. Also a great position - on the back with a pillow under the knees. Thus, you will achieve a reduction in pressure on the lower back. If you are a fan of sleeping on your stomach, do not put a pillow under your head, let it be better under your stomach. Experts do not recommend saving on your health when choosing a mattress.
Why back pain during pregnancy
The weight of a woman during pregnancy increases quite quickly, the center of gravity moves because of the large abdomen, all this is the cause of back pain during pregnancy. The first advice for pregnant women is to compensate for the displacement of the center of gravity by bending the lumbar spine. Also, a woman must abandon high-heeled shoes. There are special exercises for pregnant women to help relieve a painful condition. But in any case, do not ignore the pain in the back and during the return to the doctor.